IBC Technologies Canada is a leading manufacturer of high-efficiency boilers and water heaters for residential and commercial use in North America. As a proud member of the Rheem Manufacturing Company's family of brands, we are committed to bringing reliable comfort into people's lives while working towards a more sustainable future. Since 1995, IBC has been at the forefront of innovation in the heating industry.
At IBC, we are dedicated to creating lasting, positive change in people and the environment. We strive to be the leader in energy-efficient water heating and the solution of choice for our customers. Our team is passionate, inclusive, and respectful, and we strive daily to embody our core values. Accountability, integrity, quality of work and interactions, openness, and teamwork define who we are at IBC, and we attribute our success to the strength of these values.
Position Title: Technical Services Analyst II
The Technical Services Analyst II will provide Tier 1 & 2 administration and hyper-support for general IT issues and contact center solutions (CCaaS and CRM) used by the Raypak and IBC Customer Experience teams. The position will also provide advanced support for desktop/laptop computers and peripherals, which includes installation, diagnosis, repair, maintenance, and upgrades to all hardware, software, and peripheral equipment related to IBC operations, while ensuring optimal performance.
Location: Burnaby, BC
Schedule: Monday – Friday with occasional support outside of standard business hours
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Information Technology
- Provide level three tier support of Microsoft Active Directory, O365, Outlook, Teams, and System Center.
- Provide support for plant floor applications not limited to connectivity for HMI, PLC, and other shop floor technologies.
- Perform basic troubleshooting, assist user personnel with issues and conduct training as needed.
- Provide tier 1-2 administrative and technical support for Customer Experience solutions- CcaaS, CRM, Knowledge Base.
- Maintain enterprise security standards- Active Directory, virus protection, browser controls, cell phones.
- Install, configure, set-up, support and maintain all personal computers, printers, and peripherals according to enterprise standards.
- Support, maintain and troubleshoot routine problems associated with network architecture, (LAN, WAN, AP, Switches, IDF) under the supervision of the enterprise staff.
- Configure, install, support, and maintain local telephony hardware, software and peripherals as directed by enterprise staff.
- Maintain familiarity and compliance with company technical standards, policies, and procedures.
- Handle assigned tasks related to procurement, documentation, reporting etc.
- Perform delegated tasks on projects of all sizes and scopes under the supervision of enterprise staff.
- Support problem and incident management by performing root cause analysis for service interruption, create preventative measures to deploy in enterprise and coordinate preparation of incident reports.
- Prepare management reports and metrics as required.
- Support needs after standard business hours as necessary to minimize business interruptions (system outages, troubleshooting, system upgrades, etc.) and provide non-business hour support (both remote and onsite).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Engineering OR related field, or equivalent experience (minimum 3 years)
- Professional experience designing and improving customer experiences with disciplines in marketing, services, customer success, management consulting, offering/product strategy, technology implementation, or related field (5+ years)
- 3+ years of experience in IT Technical Support, Network Administration, and/or engineering related fields
- Helpdesk or contact center experience (5+ years)
- Experience handling support escalations (5+ years)
- Training on new software implementations (5+ years)
- Experience with documentation and process improvement (5+ years)
- Experience with multi-size location support
- Experience with virtual technical support
- Experience in business operating software and high-volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in presenting information to groups, directors, or top management
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and ability to work in an industrial / manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of Ethernet networking (TCP/IP, DNS, switching) (2+ years)
- Knowledge with Cisco Firewalls, IPS, and security solutions (2+ years)
- Understanding of virtual and non-virtual environment server structure
- Understanding of cloud-based server structure
- Strong PC hardware setup and troubleshooting skills
- Strong user skills with Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, and maintenance instructions and procedures
- Self-Starter with the ability to work independently or as a member of the team to achieve desired results
- Able to work with cross-functional teams (e.g., product managers, engineers, business teams) and external subject matter experts
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, with attention to detail and accuracy
- An innovative solution-first spirit and an ability to think creatively
- Strong reasoning and analytical skills (ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variable in situations)
- Strong organizational and time management skills to manage multiple assignments at one time
We want to hear from you if you think there is a fit! To apply, please email your application to [email protected] the job title in the subject line.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burnaby, BC V5J 5M8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have experience with both virtual and in-person technical support?
- Do you have experience with multi-site location support?
- Do you have experience providing CRM support/administration?
- IT Technical Support: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Burnaby, BC V5J 5M8