We are currently hiring a permanent full-time Fleet Maintenance Lead to join our team. The Fleet Maintenance Lead is responsible for revolutionizing the Company’s fleet maintenance program and service offerings, including the design, implementation, and continuous evaluation of the centralized program.
Why Work With us:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You matter, we support you. We pay competitive wages and benefits, including extended health with a spending account, and dental.
- We take care of our people. You get 50% off rentals at any DRIVING FORCE location.
- We offer you our company RRSP matching program, to look after your future.
- Work/Life balance is important. You get 3 weeks accrued vacation, a flexible working environment, and wellness time to focus on yourself or your loved ones.
- We want you to grow. Our fun and inclusive company culture enables our employees to grow their careers with us. You get hands-on training and a path forward in the company if you want to develop your career.
- Work with the Fleet Central team to:
- Map out the complete fleet maintenance process with the perspective of servicing internal customers (i.e. Driving Force) and a focus on external customers.
- Develop KPI's ensuring quality service and operational efficiency
- Develop a centralized fleet maintenance strategy and fleet maintenance policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and implement call center technology, monitoring, KPI and SLA measurements
- Determine the organizational structure of the centralized fleet maintenance team, including volume of employees required centrally, remotely, and locally at branches.
- Determine the people requirements for positions on the fleet maintenance team, including skill-set and experience. Work with shared services to create job descriptions clearly outlining roles.
- Provide input and guidance on the call center technology/automation required to support and be the foundation of the fleet maintenance program
- Collaborate with the procurement team to align vendor management with fleet maintenance processes.
- Working with management and shared service, promote and/or hire individuals to be members of the fleet maintenance team.
- Support shared service team with any content and expertise required to build and execute a training program for the Company.
- Ensure compliance with all federal, provincial, state, and local regulations related to fleet operations, including licensing, registration, and inspections.
- Evaluate and adjust the centralized fleet maintenance processes accordingly as the program is executed.
- Continue to lead, train, and manage a team that supports this business.
- Keep a pulse on fleet maintenance industry best practices and bring these recommendations to the attention of the client for possible execution.
- Schedules and/or provides inventory maintenance reporting required by client.
Maintain Vendor Relationships
- In collaboration with the procurement team maintain relationships with the preferred vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective vehicle ordering, maintenance, and repair services.
- complete an annual review of preferred vendors
- Customer service mindset. Dedicated to meet the expectations of customers; advocates for the customer as the top priority and is passionate about customer needs.
- Able to build and maintain productive working relationships based on mutual trust at all levels in the organization.
- Experience working and leading cross-functionally while assuming a position of accountability.
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels of the organization.
- Call center / call center technology experience
- Background in fleet maintenance and vendor management
- Experience in handling a large fleet of vehicles
- 5+ years management experience
- Valid Driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract acceptable to the Company’s Driver and Vehicle Safety Program (in order to drive company vehicles)
- Due to fiduciary responsibility, pre-hire Criminal Security Clearance and Credit Check is required
- Accessibility outside of office hours to respond to critical calls (within reason)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
The Driving Force is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples, and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.