Giant Tiger Stores Limited is looking to hire a for full time permanent Maintenance Associate position in our Ottawa- Home Office Walkley Road location!
Recognized as an Employer of Choice in Ottawa, Giant Tiger’s Home Office provides a dynamic work environment with many opportunities for a fulfilling career. We are a Canadian owned and operated retailer (and proud of it!), with a strong commitment to the community, and over 60 years of success. If you are looking for a challenging and stimulating career, Giant Tiger may be right for you. We believe in opportunities for growth & development, teamwork, and engagement.
Giant Tiger Offers:
- Giant Tiger Store Discount
- Deferred Profit Sharing;
- Health/Dental/Vision benefits;
- 24/7 access to onsite gym;
- Full Service Cafeteria
We are looking for a self-motivated individual who adapts well to change and enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment. Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Associate supports all aspects of the mechanical and electrical components of our facility in Ottawa. The Maintenance Associate will perform regular equipment maintenance, keep accurate equipment records, and work with trade contractors entering the facility for equipment servicing.
The successful candidate will be completely familiar with the Occupation Health and Safety Act (OHSA) and follow all GTW Health and Safety procedures and policies.
Maintenance Associate, Schedule: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:30 pm
Maintenance Associate, Job Highlights:
- Perform daily inspections and repairs of all areas of the buildings and exterior property for HO, MBO, 55 Banton and Giant Tiger store #82 in accordance with health and safety regulations. Maintenance repairs on all areas for HO, MBO, 55 Banton and #82 both internal and external.
- Ensure #82, HO and 55 Banton walkways, dock area and roadways are free and clear of ice, snow and clean from debris in the summer.
- Perform regular inspections and where applicable repairs (replacement of filters, etc.) of all equipment (cafeteria equipment, generators, elevators, dock doors and levellers, fire pumps, HVAC units, boilers, BAS, life safety systems, etc.) and vehicles serving the facilities and exterior property. Fill out all logs appropriately.
- Ship and Receive large HO packages. Coordinate transfers between HO, 55 Banton Warehouse and Johnston for IS, Ecomm and Marketing. Properly secure load and trailer with straps, load bars and trailer seals. Safely load and unload trailers. Collect, palletize and print OLPN labels and ship to stores event materials for the marketing events team or IS equipment for stores.
- Support employee requests as needed. Adjust temperature and lighting settings, provide support for equipment and furniture moves, track furniture and supplies inventory. Set up areas for meetings, town halls, sample sales, outdoor events, etc.
- Set up and take down displays for the merchandising and marketing teams. Set up and take down furniture, sample displays for the photo lab, merchandising and marketing teams.
- Ability to work on a shift period and on weekends for coverage 7 days/week.
- Working with emergency power generation systems.
- Working with building fire suppression systems.
- Take part in the maintenance of all warehouse equipment in accordance with the OHSA and manufacturers manuals. This includes, but is not limited to, dock plates, dock doors, HVAC, compactors, generators, sprinkler systems and fire alarm systems.
- Ensure weekly, monthly, and annual generator tests and fire pump test are completed as per TSSA standards.
- Ensure all contractors have a valid WSIB clearance certificate and training as well as adhere to G.T. and OHSA policies and procedures prior to performing any work on GT property.
- Assist in ground keeping, snow removal, lawn care and overall facility appearance.
- Reports to Maintenance supervisor on all third party contracts including, but not limited to, snow removal, yard maintenance, generator, and fire suppression to ensure contractual agreements are met.
- Troubleshooting mechanical and electrical issues while ensuring lock out tag out procedures are followed.
- Operating and servicing various pieces of equipment including, but not limited to, forklifts, man lift, scissor lift, and tractors.
- Maintenance and coordination of promotional events materials.
Maintenance Associate, Job Requirements:
- Reside within close proximity to the Home office to the on-call requirement for this position;
- Ontario College of Trades or demonstrated working knowledge of emergency power generation systems and fire suppression systems;
- Demonstrated knowledge in all of the mechanical trades;
- Required to respond to on-call emergencies such as fire alarm trouble, supervisory, alarms, power outage, and or other events that would affect operations;
- Good communication, computer, and negotiating skills;
- Good working knowledge of MS office including Outlook;
- Experience working with a Building Automation Systems is an asset; and
- Building Superintendent experience is considered an asset
Giant Tiger is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fair employment practices.
Are you are interested in this position but don’t yet meet all the criteria? We want you to apply anyway!
During our recruitment process we are looking for an incumbent that will not only learn and grow in the role, but also contribute to our diverse, equal and inclusive culture.
If you require accommodation during your pursuit of a role at Giant Tiger please contact [email protected].
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $44,000.00-$50,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- Store discount
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON K1G 6A9: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Are you able to commit to the Maintenance Partner, Schedule: Tuesday to Saturday 7:00am – 3:30pm
- Secondary School (required)
- Facilities maintenance: 2 years (required)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-20