Are you looking to grow your career and knowledge in a fast paced, friendly, safety-oriented environment? Are you up for the challenge of elevating the customer experience through providing the best solution as a trusted partner for our customers?
We are currently hiring a Cashier for our Kent store at our Shediac location - 81 Ohio St
This position requires interacting with customers and managing all transactions efficiently and accurately while working with our computerized system. To be a great cashier at Kent you need to love dealing with people. Your daily customer interfaces will lead to overall customer satisfaction and will impact if the customers choose to shop at Kent.
We are looking for candidates who are available to work flexible shifts: workdays, evenings, and weekends.
What you will do:
- Process customer transactions through cash registers
- Operate scanners and credit card/debit card terminals
- Provide excellent customer service
- Collect payments and bag purchases for customers
- Keep the checkout area clean and orderly
- Maintain Front End Department Merchandise
- Assist other departments and functions as required
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
What you will bring:
- Strong mathematical skills and basic computer system knowledge
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Customer satisfaction-oriented
- Strong communication and time management skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Experience as a Retail Cashier is an asset
- Ability to handle moderate physical demands: standing for 8 hours, lift a medium size merchandise if required
What we offer:
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
- Scholarship and Bursaries
Kent is the largest retail building supply chain in Atlantic Canada. Our mission is to be the best source of home improvement products through superior service, quality products and everyday great prices. We protect our customers and staff by hiring and training associates committed to our safety values.
We employ over 3700 people and work hard to increase our market share through strategic investment in training and technology. In addition to our retail stores, we operate truss manufacturing facilities and a wholesale drywall company. We are a member of the Independent Lumber Dealers Co-operative which ensures our great product selection and pricing.
Kent Building Supplies is an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees, candidates, and customers.
If you have disabilities that require special accommodation please email, [email protected]
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Worried you do not meet all the requirements? Studies have shown that many applicants apply only to job opportunities when they feel they meet 100% of the criteria. At Kent we promote an inclusive environment where everyone is appreciated, recognized, and empowered to contribute fully. If you are interested in this position but are worried you did not meet all the requirements, we would encourage you to still apply.
Apply Online today or drop your resume off in store!
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted
Job Type: Full-time