We are looking for a permanent part-time (0.50 FTE) Administrative Assistant for Benevolence Care Centre! The position is Monday to Friday from 0900-1400.
Reporting to the Director of Care / Site Manager the Administrative Assistant is responsible for clinical program support including coordination of Resident appointment scheduling, advanced administrative services, and health record management. This is an AUPE unionized position.
Qualifications and Skills:
· Successful completion of Grade 12 or equivalent education and experience.
· Completion of Unit Clerk Course would be an asset.
· Experience or performing similar duties preferably in the health care field would be an asset.
· Proficient and accurate computer skills including data entry and working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Excel, Outlook, Word).
· Demonstrates an awareness of accident and injury prevention; adheres to safe work practices and procedures; and is responsible for maintaining self – wellness and reduced absenteeism.
· Demonstrates a commitment to customer relations and hospitality by being caring and courteous to Residents, families, visitors, and co-workers.
· Able to speak, read write and comprehend English.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
· Must have the ability to function as a cooperative Staff Member.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
· Demonstrates record of excellent attendance and must be able to stand, walk, stoop, read lift and carry at least 15 – 25 pounds on a regular basis.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Provides reception at front desk and greets residents and visitors in a friendly, courteous manner. Present a positive and welcoming image while directing Residents, Visitors and Staff to appropriate areas.
· Answer the telephones efficiently and courteously; relay messages and calls to appropriate personnel and Residents; relay information to other departments as needed. Return phone messages promptly.
· Distributes resident mail
· Checks email and voicemail upon daily arrival, and regularly throughout your shift. Responds or redirects as appropriate.
· Assembles and maintains resident health records, including thinning of charts.
· Occasionally provides reception duties and scheduling duties.
· Arrange for staffing replacement, in the absence of the scheduler.
· Books appointments and transportation as directed.
· Performs clerical duties including photocopying and faxing as required.
· Orders, receives, and distributes incoming items to the units, prioritizing items requiring immediate attention, including medi-gas.
· Monitors care supplies weekly and replenish stock supplies.
· Keep work areas clean, tidy, and free of clutter always.
· Monitors clerical supplies and forms in nursing stations and restock weekly.
· Timely review and filing of discharge charts as per policy, always adhering to confidentiality of resident records legislation.
· Maintain phones and bracelets for residents.
· Coordinate resident schedules for podiatry and hair appointments and inform nursing.
· Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 20 per week
Salary: $19.72-$24.72 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB T5P 3S7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Front desk: 1 year (preferred)
- Administrative experience: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person