Network Analyst / IT Operations Analyst (Onsite)
- An 'IT Operations Analyst' within the Network Operations Support Group is responsible for providing senior-level support of the Client Group network infrastructure.
- This includes BRP capabilities, incident management, and support of all components associated with these environments.
- Areas of support include the LAN, MAN, WAN, RLAN, Wireless, Firewall, Load balancer, and Optical solutions.
Accountabilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- The Network Analyst will manage day-to-day deliverables during the shift, under the overall direction of the NOC Team Lead/Manager.
- The primary accountability of this position is to ensure that all work deliverables during the shift are efficiently managed with strong delivery and prompt escalations to the Team Lead positions as needed.
- The Network Analyst will engage other teams or escalate to L2/L3 teams as necessary.
- Smooth takeover of work as well as well documented and smooth handover is part of the accountability.
- Provide strong technical troubleshooting while ensuring that NOC processes and procedures are followed properly.
- This includes ensuring proper use of automation, following proper remediation procedures, high-quality ticket, and vendor issue updates, handover documentation, etc.
- Collaborate strongly with the Team Lead to manage the queue, work intake as well and delivery.
- This includes helping solve team issues and escalating issues as needed
- Engage in P3s or incident calls and provide support
- Ensure work being taken over is followed up promptly while providing proper handover to the next shift as well as to the Team Manager (including process issues or improvements, automation opportunities, etc..)
- Support the incident, change, and problem management processes.
- Manage incident queue and effectively prioritize and triage incidents based on critical devices and shared services.
- Manage escalations with internal teams and 3rd party vendors.
- Manage chronic, repeat, and aging incidents with proper internal/external escalations.
- Support shift turnover process effectively.
- Create MoPs and how-to docs for better support and training of new and junior team members.
- Also, peer review such documentation created by other team members and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Report on any challenges with internal processes, gaps, or any challenges with vendors and telcos.
- Report on any new influx of repeated alerts/incidents to identify opportunities related to the alert modification, etc. to reduce noise.
- Identify and report on gaps for process optimization.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of products (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook).
- Other duties as required.
Nice To Have:
- CISCO Switching and Routers 3-5 Years
- At least 3 years of Network Operations experience as opposed to network projects-based work
- 3 years of in-depth experience troubleshooting Network operation systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be CCNA or CCNP Certified with 3 -5 Years of industry experience
- Firewall - Palo Alto: 3 years
- Operations Support Group (Network Operations) is a 7/24 Service Availability (Dual Site Coverage) department responsible for providing frontline support our client’s network environment. The primary focus of the team is reacting to any/all anomalies that are presented through a variety of monitoring tools for the Bank’s mission-critical network. We are looking for self-motivated and focused individuals who enjoy a fast-paced environment requiring attention to detail.
- Rotating 12-hour shift schedule (7 days a week/24 hours a day) i.e. 2 shifts (7 am-7 pm ET) & (7 pm-7 am ET). Candidate must be available to do both shifts as per rotation/shift schedule.
– Is there any information/experience on a candidate’s resume that would disqualify them from consideration for this position?
About The Company:
- Lacking project-related work
- As a top 10 North American bank, our client aims to stand out from its peers by having a differentiated brand – anchored in a proven business model and rooted in a desire to give its customers, communities, and colleagues the confidence to thrive in a changing world.
- Our client engages in providing financial products and services. They offer various financial products and services, telephone, Internet, and mobile banking services, retail and commercial banking services, and wealth management services. The Wholesale Banking segment provides capital markets, investment banking, corporate banking products, and investment needs to companies, governments, and institutions in financial markets.