Become a #RockstarCraneTechnician for the Lanco Group of Companies.
We are a diverse group of companies specializing in many disciplines: from heavy equipment manufacturing to sales and service; from facility operations to event promotions; from integrated technologies to equipment distribution. By focusing on product quality, service, and communication at every level, we consistently set the standard for performance and customer satisfaction.
You will work at our British Columbia location performing repairs, troubleshooting, overhauls, and maintenance on equipment at customer sites. Your expertise will play a pivotal role in servicing equipment, with a specific focus on our mobile and gantry cranes. Get in touch with us to be part of our expanding team.
- Minimum Level-1 apprentice to 3+ yrs. of experience of repairing and maintaining heavy equipments
- Experience with Grove and Manitowoc Mobile Crane Equipment a strong asset.
- Provincially recognized Heavy Equipment License or willingness to challenge Red Seal exam or a registered apprentice.
- Demonstrated troubleshooting and diagnostic skills for moderate to complex issues.
- Strong knowledge of hydraulic and electrical systems, including the ability to read schematics and drawings.
- Excellent multitasking abilities and composure in demanding situations.
- Professional communication skills to convey detailed and complex information concisely.
- Proficiency in Office, service reporting/time entry, and cloud software.
- Resourcefulness and ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Adherence to instructions, guidelines, and protocols.
- Flexibility to work outside regular hours, including after-hours and occasional on-call based on business needs.
- Travel required, with potential for frequent international travel for technical training.
- Troubleshoot, inspect, and diagnose heavy machinery and equipment, resolving moderate to complex issues.
- Prepare machinery, including maintenance, repairs, overhauls, and commissioning with component replacements and warranty upgrades.
- Recondition and repair equipment components and systems.
- Conduct pre/post-delivery inspections and prepare new and used machinery.
- Service Liebherr machinery, including fluid checks, sample pulling, oil and filter checks,lubrication, and greasing.
- Ensure inspected components, materials, and equipment meet specifications and delivery schedules.
- Complete final verifications according to instructions and specifications.
- Submit accurate service reports and technical documents promptly.
- Operate and maintain tools, equipment, and work areas following company policy.
- Provide support in shop repairs and other assigned duties.
- Capability to lead, teach and share knowledge with others.
- Willingness to travel at will throughout assigned region when called upon.
- Willingness to work at various heights.
- Safety minded/oriented.
- Requires knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical assemblies and testing experience; Requires an eye for detail.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products and other data systems.
- Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures.
Physical and Environmental Elements
This is a field service classification and employees work in a factory environment or in a field with exposure to noise, machinery, and weather. Accurate hand/eye coordination is required. Finger dexterity is required, as well as hand strength, with the ability to grasp, lift, push and pull; access, enter and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, typewriter keyboard or calculator and to operate standard office equipment Work involves considerable standing, walking, climbing, crawling, driving, reading, seeing, hearing, speaking, concentrating, communicating, stooping, bending, or sitting for extended periods of time. May lift parts weighing up to 50 pounds and have exposure to working at heights. Potential for travel in other locations around the country. The ability to work overtime is necessary.
Lanco is an equal opportunity employer. All employment-related decisions, including but not limited to hiring, compensation, promotion, discipline (including termination), evaluation, training, and development opportunities, etc., are made without discrimination based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender-related identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, military status, protected disability, citizenship, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $25.00-$55.00 per hour
- Company events
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
- Mobile Hydraulic or Lattice Crane: 3 years (required)
- Red Seal or 9000 hours of documented work experience (required)
Work Location: On the road
Expected start date: 2023-11-06