Hotel Equities, one of the top hotel development and management companies in the industry, is currently searching for a remarkable Area Sales Manager based in Edmonton! We offer a winning culture and a unique environment that empowers our team to exceed guests' expectations and make a distinct difference in people's lives. Our ideal candidate will be engaged, authentic, and prepared to sell "best in class" hotels!
The primary objective of the Area Sales Manager is to be directly responsible for the revenue generation processes for the properties within designation region. This position is responsible, in conjunction with designated hotel’s GM’s for overall revenue and market share results, as well as the development and execution of strategies that support the positioning of the properties within the portfolio. Partnering with on-property General Managers to develop and successfully execute proactive and reactive sales strategies is essential. This position must ensure that personal as well as property revenue and sales activity goals are achieved, STR Market RevPar indexes vs. goals are achieved and financial as well as productivity benchmarks within the Sales and Marketing department are met.
- Achieve assigned revenue goals (booking goals) for each hotel within the assigned portfolio. Goals may include sleeping rooms, meeting rooms and banquet/catering revenues.
- Be fully accountable to develop, execute sales and marketing revenue initiatives (inclusive of S&M plans) and achieve desired results for the portfolio.
- Responsible to successfully complete and execute RFP season for each property.
- Based on past multi – unit experience; ensure that all brand resources, support, contacts and programs are maximized on a consistent basis. Interact with assigned brand HE sales and marketing support associates to assist hotel GM and Sales Department in all / any requested or required needs.
- Support and collaborate with property leadership in revenue growth, market share performance and sales / marketing initiatives to achieve desired outcomes.
- Establish processes to monitor marketplace dynamics and to proactively set selling strategies and tactics in advance of changes in the marketplace.
- Work with property team members to ensure maximization of revenues and profits, proper controls, optimal productivity and a coordination of efforts to achieve operational excellence in STR market and TripAdvisor results.
- Available to travel to portfolio hotels a minimum of two weeks monthly.
- Infuse each property with the Hotel Equities Culture that speaks to the values of the organization creating positive and effective work environments while maintaining their individual Brand.
- Ensure properties are in compliance with brand standards and company initiatives.
- Facilitate the development of the annual budget, marketing and business plan. Facilitate the financial goals of all hotels as it pertains to the sleeping room, meeting room and banquet/catering sales.
- Successfully deploy sales and marketing initiatives, and tactical plans for performance improvement on a daily basis.
- Strategic use of Hotelligence and other market intelligence reports to drive positive property market share growth.
- Ensure that proper usage of “Hotel Sales Pro” or designated sales automated systems and reports are being utilized accordingly and on a consistent basis. All annual group revenue / room night budgets and activity goals are to be entered accordingly and monitored on a weekly as well as monthly basis.
- Implement tools to automate and streamline consultations as well as document action plans.
- Partner with corporate sales / marketing and revenue management departments to maximize on-line marketing opportunities.
- Provide professional feedback to hotel teams, corporate office, and ownership.
- First line resource for Hotel Equities internal inquiries and questions related to sales and marketing initiatives.
- Develop, present to RDOS and implement a “Monthly Strategic Planning Session” outlining priority hotels, monthly travel schedule, special projects and property DOS openings.
- Assist in completing and compiling information for key sales meetings to be determined by Area Director of Sales- Canada and Revenue Generation Team.
- Represent properties in key local market business units such as CVB, government and trade entities.
- Host/facilitate monthly calls with Hotels to review best practices and marketing initiatives.
- Conduct monthly reviews of Hotels with Sales on key financial, pace and productivity benchmarks.
- Provide strategic alignment and guidance for the area hotels.
- Participate in weekly revenue strategy calls/meetings to ensure strategic alignment.
- Assist designated portfolio hotels in developing and maintaining marketing tools such as collateral.
- Participate in trade and community events where warranted or strong ROI is involved.
- Support the culture and vision; the Area Sales Manager must exemplify and champion the culture when engaged with associates, guests, owners and communities.
- Support the Hotel Equities goal of becoming the most preferred manager of hospitality assets.
Please note the successful Candidate will be subject to a background record check.
- Previous multi-unit hotel sales experience required
- Full-Service Hotel experience is required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Ability to lead others, to delegate and multi-task, and to manage others virtually
- Ability to interface with system/program specialists in order to develop and refine decision support systems
- Ability to work both as a team member and a team leader to achieve results in a teamwork environment
- Demonstrated ability to process new information quickly and respond aptly to change
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills, with experience in solving “real-life” business problems
- Demonstrated ability to use spreadsheets to manipulate large amounts of data and translate into meaningful analysis
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Solid project management skills, with ability to independently manage multiple projects
- Knowledge of financial analysis, quantitative analysis and statistical
- Valid driver’s license in good standing
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person