SCS Manufacturing, Inc., a division of The Hazelwood Group, is seeking a full-time Sandblaster to join our team of hard-working, dedicated staff at our production facility in South Nanaimo, BC. This is a full-time, Friday to Sunday – 6am to 6pm position. (3-12 hours shifts)
Our ideal candidate has at least two years of experience and isn’t afraid of a fast-paced, lean manufacturing environment. We manufacture everything from small parts to steel gravel boxes, so speed, accuracy, and attention to detail are desired traits.
Benefits of Employment – Why work at SCS?
- Matching RRSP contributions after 1 year of employment.
- Benefits after 3 months (health & dental premiums are 100% employer-paid).
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage.
- Priority access to TELUS Health Virtual Care (access to a Doctor 24/7, 365 days a year).
- Annual financial donations to volunteer organizations directly supported by our employees.
- Employee & Family Assistance Program.
- Supportive, respectful, and forward-thinking leadership team that values employee input and ideas.
- $26-$32 per hour, depending on experience and qualifications.
The Sandblaster will primarily be responsible for cleaning and refurbishing metal exteriors, industrial equipment and other surfaces using specialized equipment and techniques. This position is responsible for the operation of sandblasting equipment to clean and prepare metal surfaces for the next step in the production process. Other duties will include maintaining the cleanliness of the shop floor along with minor maintenance and repair work.
We’re looking for someone who has prior experience in a similar role or shop environment, plus the ability to work independently. Solid interpersonal skills, a positive demeanor, and a decent sense of humor are key for success in this role.
- Minimum 3 years of related experience in sandblasting or equivalent.
- Knowledge of corrosion-control methods and processes.
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Basic computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS Word and e-mail.
- Knowledge of controlling, adjusting, starting, and stopping sandblasting equipment for both grinding and polishing processes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to read blueprint instructions.
- Good time management skills and the ability to work with tight deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Valid Driver's license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Mechanical experience
- First Aid Certificate
SCS Manufacturing, Inc. is a central Vancouver Island manufacturer of Waste Containers, Flat Decks, Gravel Boxes, and open-top containers. SCS also provides custom fabrication and design services to our clients. SCS services the Waste, Construction, Oil and Gas, Forestry, and Mining industries in Western Canada and Alaska.
We sincerely thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- SCS is not accessible by transit. Do you have reliable transportation?
- Are you currently located in the Nanaimo area?
- Have many years of experience do you have as a Sandblaster?
- Please include your email address if it is not currently on your resume.
- What's your availability to come in for an interview?
- When could you start?
Work Location: In person