World-class company and Quebec flagship, Ocean Group is a leader in the Canadian marine industry. We have built our history and reputation with our employees. We believe in developing and maintaining a strong culture based on the prevention of health, safety and environmental. We promote a healthy, safe and respectful work environment for our surroundings and our host communities. Within our various talented teams, we find employees who are driven by a desire to make a difference and who integrate our values of excellence, integrity and respect. Come and take on challenges within a company with great ambitions and put your passion to work. Come “live Ocean”!
Ocean Group was awarded the HR – Best Practices Award by the Chambre de commerce et d’industrie de Québec at the prestigious Fidéides 2021 evening.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION
Reporting to the Mechanical Superintendent, the incumbent will be responsible for the general mechanical maintenance of the azimuth (ASD) and conventional propulsion systems on tugs managed by Services et maintenance Océan. The incumbent will sometimes have to travel to the different sites of operation of Ocean Group.
- Participate in major mechanical repairs;
- Use lifting instruments, ensure the dismantling and reassembly of machinery and equipment handling;
- Check and repair machinery and issue reports on equipment subject to inspection by regulatory authorities;
- Follow up on the tasks of the preventive maintenance system;
- Ensure the application of the security management system for his department;
- Ensure the implementation of the company’s maintenance program;
- Operate electrical, mechanical, hydraulic control systems and offshore refueling equipment;
- Operate and maintain refrigeration, ventilation and air conditioning equipment;
- Monitor main engine operating parameters (pressure, temperature) and report any anomalies;
- Participate and support the activities of the Health, Safety and Environment Management System.
- Marine, heavy or industrial mechanical engineering techniques;
- Valid Canadian STCW certificate as a 4th or 3rd-class Engineer – Motor-Ship (asset);
- Knowledge of Caterpillar, Volvo, EMD and Alco engines;
- Available day, night, weekend and for trips outside of Québec;
- Valid class 5 driver’s license (mandatory);
- Good knowledge of French and English, oral and written (asset).
BENEFITS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
- Permanent job;
- Full range of fringe benefits;
- Free employee assistance program available to the whole family;
- Career advancement opportunities;
- Deferred Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP);
- Social club and corporate events.
OceanTM, Ocean GroupTM and any related logos/designs are trademarks of Ocean Group Inc. used under license.