Eaton’s Electrical sector is currently seeking a Field Service Representative to join our team. This position is based at our Vanier, QC facility and offers benefits from Day1.
The Field Service Technician is responsible for providing field service support and consultation such as acceptance testing, commissioning, and troubleshooting of low, medium, and high voltage systems; advise customers and provide best technical solution to solve the customer issue; complete assigned jobs with assistance from lead technicians and engineers; conduct required tests and calibration using test equipment; check and maintain equipment to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide field service engineering and technical assistance to customers in areas of installation, startup, maintenance, repair, training and modification on power transmission, distribution and generation equipment and systems.
- Provide field service engineering, technical assistance, scheduling and sales support direction to customers in areas of installation, testing, startup, maintenance, repair, training and modification of electrical power distribution equipment;
- Responsible to self-manage assigned projects for electrical equipment; knowledge of electrical test and diagnostic equipment.
- Deliver technical solutions to customers.
- Performs less conventional complex engineering assignments that may involve equipment or product design, testing of materials, process studies, or research investigations.
- Mentor less experienced technicians.
- Provide technical training.
- Perform all job functions with adherence to Eaton’s Philosophy and Values, as well as Safety and Environmental standards.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Diploma or Degree in Electrical field from an accredited institution/ or Red Seal (309A) Interprovincial Journeyman Electrician Certification/Ticket
- Minimum of three (3) year of experience evaluating and servicing electrical distribution or control systems
- No relocation assistance is provided.
- Business travel to customer sites required
- Driver’s licence is required
- Legally authorized to work in Canada without company sponsorship.
- Experience in protective relays preferred.
- Experience in performing power quality measurements, troubleshooting, and analysis preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical aptitude and complex problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
- Effective time management, prioritization and project management skills
- Knowledge and practice of safety precautions related to working with electrical and electronic equipment.
- Understanding of the company’s and competitor’s electrical, electronic and mechanical products.
- Demonstrated ability to provide service and represent company interests in developing customer relationships to assure long-term customer satisfaction
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for job applicants and employees. Our recruitment processes use balanced selection criteria and avoid unlawful discrimination against applicants on the basis of their age, colour, disability, marital status, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, race or racial origin, religion, sexual orientation or any other status protected or required by law.