Pylon Electronics Inc. seeks an individual with the skills and qualifications to fill a full-time position as a Calibration Technician in our Edmonton - AB facility. This person would report directly to the Technical Supervisor on the day-to-day calibrations.
Pylon Electronics Inc. is an ISO 17025-certified calibration facility supporting electronic and physical test equipment and is one of the largest Canadian Owned Calibration Laboratories. Pylon Electronics has a solid reputation in the repair and calibration of measuring instruments. We have six laboratories which are located in Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, Calgary, Richmond, and Dartmouth, along with, our Technical Sales office in Montreal.
Technicians will perform calibration of measuring and test equipment in our laboratory and, when necessary, at customer’s locations (on-site with minimal travel required). The physical properties calibration discipline cover the areas of force, pressure, torque wrenches, mass/balances, temperature, micrometers, gauges, and dimensional equipment. Technicians will also perform equipment maintenance as necessary and participate in internal audits and proficiency testing.
Skills / Requirements
- Graduate of a Mechanical Technician/Technologist Program or an Electronic Technician/Technologist Program
- Experience / practical knowledge in the calibration of test and measurement equipment
- Performs calibration and testing service work according to approved standards and procedures
- Adapts easily to changing work environments; comfortable working in a variety of environments ranging from clean labs to customer onsite
- Ensures all jobs are completed to the highest standards of quality and professionalism
- Maintain testing equipment in good condition and calibration of test equipment
- Report any non-conformance concerns to the management
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Process “Discrepancy Reports”
- Interface with customers as required
- Solving major technical problems / questions as required
- Respond to customer quotations as directed by Customer Service Rep.
- Introducing “time saving” measures in the labs
- Strong initiative and leadership
- Proficient in Windows-based products (i.e. Excel and Word)
- Meticulous work habits with attention to detail
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures as required by our QMS
- Complete work in a timely manner to ensure customer delivery expectations are met or exceeded
- Adhere to developed calibration procedures to meet the needs of the customer while supporting traceability of the measurements
- Complete all documentation accurately and efficiently
- Perform other laboratory support functions as required
- Ensure preventative maintenance of the laboratory’s equipment is performed in a timely and acceptable manner
- Basic knowledge of mathematics with some science.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs
- Proven communication skills with customers and peers
Candidate must be able to pass Industrial and Controlled Goods security clearances.
Pylon Electronics Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Please apply in confidence. www.pylonelectronics.com/jemprecision
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification:
- Valid driver’s license and clean driver's abstract.
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ottawa, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person