- Are you looking for fulfilling work in the health care and social assistance field where your everyday actions can make a difference?
- Do you share our vision to build a community of inclusion where people with intellectual disabilities are valued?
- Are you looking for the opportunity to lead and mentor a team to work together and help people reach their full potential?
- If you answered "YES!" to the above, this role might be a great fit for you!
DASCH is a non-profit organization established in 1974 dedicated to exploring and meeting the residential, day program, respite and foster care needs of youth and adults. All our programs are based in Winnipeg. Our residential program consists of over 50 homes, our day services program consists of two day programs and our educational program called DASCHWorks supports people in finding and maintaining meaningful employment. People can participate in personalized social, educational, vocational and recreational services that provide learning opportunities and greater independence. Learn more about our services at dasch.mb.ca.
The Location Supervisor oversees a DASCH home providing direct support to the people living there and providing leadership to the staff team. With the support from the Program Manager, the Location Supervisor is responsible for the delivery of quality individualized support and fostering a safe and comfortable home environment. This role involves ensuring the people we support have access to facilities and services in the community and advocating on their behalf.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday (no weekends required)
- Weekday shifts with a combination of 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm direct support shifts and 9:00 am - 5:00 pm administrative shifts
- On Call with flexibility to cover emergency situations
- Monday to Thursday 7:00 am – 11:00 pm
- Friday 7:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Must be able to flex work hours based on position needs.
$20.75 - $23.00 per hour
- Extended health care
- Dental care
- Vision care
- Life coverage
- Maternity and parental leave top-ups
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- 3 weeks’ vacation after first year of service, available to use as accrued
- 10 discretionary days per year for sick or personal use
- Disability coverage
- Registered Pension Plan with 5% employer-matched contributions after one year
- Optional RRSP and TFSA plans
- Paid mileage
- Company issued smart phone
- Extensive employer-paid training
Role & Responsibilities:
- Ensure quality care is provided and the living environment meets DASCH standards.
- Serve as a positive role model for staff and the people we support.
- Perform personal care duties including lifts and transfers.
- Maintain effective communication with the Program Manager, staff, families, other departments within DASCH, external stakeholders, etc.
- Upload to and maintain appropriate online systems.
- Coordinate activities on a week-to-week basis to ensure a balance of personal and social opportunities to promote recreation, community interaction and individual relationships.
- Promote independence and encourage decision-making through recognition and respect of individual interest and choice.
- Provide on-call support as per protocol.
- Complete audits, checks, drills and reports as required for the location overseen.
- Supervise, motivate and monitor the performance of the direct support team.
- Complete and document required training for all new employees.
- Provide leadership to create a respectful working environment conducive to effective working relationships.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Minimum two years of supervisory experience, leadership skills and effectively managing a team is preferred.
- Minimum two years of experience in Disability Support and/or a suitable combination of validated education and experience is preferred.
- Sound knowledge of intellectual disabilities with certificate in Disability & Community Support considered an asset.
- Full or Intermediate Class 5 Manitoba Driver’s License is required.
- Access to a vehicle during your scheduled shifts as well as on-call hours is required (mileage reimbursement provided).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Sound knowledge of technology including Microsoft Office suite is required.
Please note that employment within DASCH is contingent on the receipt of satisfactory background checks, including Criminal Record Check (CRC) with Vulnerable Sector Search, Adult Abuse Registry Check (AARC) and Child Abuse Registry Check (CARC) as well as employment reference checks. DASCH will accept existing CRC, AARC and CARC if dated within 3 months of your application date. You may apply for your CRC online at https://www.winnipeg.ca/police/services/online-record-checks. Obtaining these documents is not a guarantee of employment.