Let us welcome you to Optima Living.
Optima Living—founded in 2007—owns and operates innovative seniors’ living communities throughout Alberta and BC, taking an unprecedented approach to senior life. Our unique company culture is one where both residents and team members are family.
Optima Living’s North Star, Let us welcome you home, speaks to our underlying principles and the experience seniors discover in our communities. When residents are home, they feel safe, respected, and welcome. Home is where one’s voice is heard, their views matter, and they have freedom of choice.
Optima Living’s mission, vision, and values—respect, dignity, teamwork, and doing the right thing—support and build upon our North Star. Optima Living operates over 2,200 beds providing congregate living options for seniors. These options range from subsidized to luxury, Independent to Assisted Living, Long-term Care to Memory Care, and Residential Mental Health.
As the Health and Wellness Director, you are responsible for providing coaching and education to care staff and ensure requirements of resident health assessments are compliant. You will coordinate appropriate resident centered care, medication administration management, infection prevention and control measures, and staffing administration for clinical care employees. This position reports to the General Manager.
Do you have the following experience & skills? If Yes, then you’re the one!
- Completion of Nursing degree (RN) or Practical Nurse diploma(LPN)
Registered with provincial nursing association and in good standing.
Experience in long-term residential care setting is preferred.
Experience in leadership and team handling is required.
Demonstrate infection control procedures.
Exceptional interpersonal skills with peers, residents, visitors, and operational partners.
Superior organizational skills with the ability to handle multi-resident requests.
Superior oral and written communication skills.
Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and problem solve.
Flexibility to work a variety of shifts.
Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend, squat, kneel and lift 25 pounds.
Display compassion, education, proficiency, and experience while assisting residents.
Ensure quality resident care, monitors, evaluates, and implements changes as required.
- Overseeing nursing programs to ensure safe, consistent care.
Mentor employees to encourage professional development.
- Manage performance and discipline according to collective agreements.
- Administer, monitor, and record medication administration, educate resident as needed.
- Provide personal care assistance, nursing procedures, and mentorship and coaching of LPNs and Health Care Aides.
Demonstrate ongoing competence utilizing knowledge, skill, judgement, and evidence-based practice in caring for aging adult is vital.
Office Administration & Compliances
Assessing and supporting potential residents for suitability, including required documentation.
- Responsible for scheduling and recruitment of clinical team.
- Assists in creating and managing nursing care plans and participate in the evaluation of the current and future medical needs.
- Working with residents to meet care requirements and communicate any concerns to the doctor and manager as needed.
- Ensure accordance with provincial continuing care health service standards, legislation, codes, regulations, and employment and safety statutes.
- Demonstrate awareness of accident and injury prevention, through safe work practices and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned to support operational requirements.
Benefits of working with Optima Living:
- Truly awesome teammates
Welcoming and supportive work environment
All the usual perks:
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Paid time off
- On-site parking
- Employee assistance program
- Vision care
Conditions of Employment
Clear Police Information Check
Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
COVID-19 vaccination proof. This requirement may be waived if you have received an exemption through the provincial government.