Location: Logan Lake, British Columbia, CA
Closing Date: October 12, 2023
Reporting to the Superintendent, Mine Maintenance, the General Supervisor, Mine Maintenance will be responsible for all areas of truck shop maintenance activity. This position combines the responsibilities for trades, outage management, staffing and schedule execution as well as continuous improvement to ensure company standards are maintained.
To be successful we are looking for someone with excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, who can build relationships across multi-disciplinary teams. This role requires a self-motivated individual who is driven to produce results and strive for continuous improvement, while handling contending priorities in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Advanced analytical, planning and scheduling, organization, problem-solving and decision-making abilities are vital.
Join us in the Highland Valley and enjoy a variety of recreational opportunities at your fingertips! Whether you enjoy biking and skiing, or prefer the laid-back atmosphere of fishing and hiking, there is something for everyone! The mine site is a 50-minute drive from Kamloops, B.C. which provides all the comforts of city living. It is also close to Merritt, Ashcroft, and Logan Lake, which all exude a small-town community atmosphere. Come experience what work life balance is all about!
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment through compliance with Teck’s Health & Safety Program and the BC Mines Act
- Lead and hold employees accountable in achieving maintenance goals and maximize employee work performance and productivity through coaching and feedback
- Administer the collective agreement, safety and mine regulations and environmental regulations in a manner consistent with policies and procedures
- Participate in industrial relations and safety investigations as required
- Direct the troubleshooting of equipment failures to determine root cause and initiate appropriate remedial action
- Oversee quality maintenance and repair of mine equipment to maximize availability and reliability for production
- Track and analyze costs
- Manage daily and weekly work schedules to ensure work is completed on time and on budget through usage of Short Interval Controls (SIC)
- Collect and analyze work delay codes to identify challenges to timely completion of scheduled jobs and work with available resources to reduce delays
- Assist in sourcing and requisitioning maintenance supplies, equipment and services within budgeted guidelines
- Maintain existing standards and develop new standards to maximize processing efficiency
- Determine need for overtime work and contractors based on maintenance load as well as supervision of contractors as assigned
- Use Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) such as PM compliance, schedule compliance and break in work as tools to improve maintenance execution.
- Lead and/or support any key maintenance projects as required
- Other responsibilities as required or as assigned
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Certification, related technical diploma or engineering degree with 9+ years of relevant experience, including supervisory/lead experience, is required
- Demonstrated organizational, planning, and employee relations skills
- Supervisory experience considered an asset, along with experience in materials acquisition, planning and scheduling
- Experience in value/benefit analysis for improvement initiatives
- Maintenance experience is field operations an asset
- Strong change management skills, with proven experience driving behaviour change
- Self-motivated and driven to produce results and strive for continuous improvement
- Direct experience in leading shop maintenance activities with caterpillar 793, 797, D10 and 24M
- Excellent communication, facilitation, human relation, and follow-up skills
- Must be a proven team player and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literacy including Microsoft Office and working knowledge of a computerized maintenance management system.
At Teck, we value diversity. Our teams work collaboratively and respect each person’s unique perspective and contribution.
Qualified applicants interested in joining a dynamic team are encouraged to submit a resume and cover letter electronically.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Teck is a diversified resource company committed to responsible mining and mineral development with major business units focused on copper, steelmaking coal and zinc, as well as investments in energy assets.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, its shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbols TECK.A and TECK.B and the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol TECK.
Learn more about Teck at www.teck.comor follow @TeckResources.
Job Segment: Employee Relations, Coal Mining, Manager, Change Management, Human Resources, Mining, Management
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Work Location: In person