Our common goal, our passion, is to create global communities connected through play and social experiences. We believe the world needs more places where coming together, connecting and having fun are inevitable. What makes us jump out of bed every morning is knowing we’re integral to create these meaningful places, and we need people like you to help us build them.
The Installation Team are our boots-on-the-ground experts, responsible for installing our high-quality splash pads and all our fun features, playground equipment, site furnishings, sports equipment, playground surfacing, washroom buildings, gazebos, really, anything and everything that is found in outdoor spaces created for fun playground surfacing at various outdoor locations in Western Canada.
A part of the Installation Team and reporting to our Field Operations Manager, the Equipment Operator will be involved in all activities from assessing site plans, to operating equipment such as a skid steer, mini hoe, backhoe, 1-ton truck and trailers, and excavators, to doing concrete and form work, equipment assembly, construction, layout, plumbing, drainage, troubleshooting, repair work, landscaping, and possibly even connecting water treatment systems.
This role works closely with the entire Project Management Installation team. As the Equipment Operator, you will:
- Perform pre-trip and hazard assessment on equipment and the job site.
- Operate machinery, such as skid steers, excavators, and packers, as well as power and hand tools in a safe and effective manner.
- Read and interpret blueprints, maps, layout drawings, and specifications, using those as references to prepare sites for installation.
- Install and assemble products and features (examples listed above).
- Work with concrete, which includes but is not limited to curbing, footings, slabs, and forming.
- Drive a truck and trailer and load equipment safely (requires a valid Class 3 license).
- Be an open and direct communicator with customers, team members, supervisors and other stakeholders.
- Advocate health and safety – company to provide required onsite PPE, successful candidate to provide CSA approved safety boots (8” at ankle)
- Be required to travel – length of travel times may vary depending on the scope of the project
- Make a difference in communities and have fun doing it!
Some qualifications we are looking for:
- 1 to 2 years of experience operating machinery, preferably in landscaping setting.
- Knowledge of all equipment used to ensure safety standards are met and problems or defects are corrected.
- Knowledge of grading and loaming processes.
- Have a valid Class 3 driver’s licence with a clean abstract.
- Have the physical dexterity to handle prolonged sitting and operating a skid steer.
If you’re looking for a chance to have a real impact, the kind of impact you can see and feel every day, in your own community and across the globe, and more than a bit of fun at work, we definitely want to hear from you.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $26.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Class 3 Driver's License (preferred)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: On the road