Electronics Hardware Product Support Specialist – Overview
This is a full-time salaried position located at our corporate headquarters in New Glasgow, Nova Scotia, Canada. The position of Electronics Hardware Product Support Specialist requires and assumes an individual with an extensive work history that demonstrates a strong and diverse, technical, engineering background and experience. The position requires strong but respectful and collaborative communication, interpersonal and consulting skills.
To achieve the high level of competence required for this position you must demonstrate a willingness to dive in, immerse yourself, and become technically and operationally familiar, then competent and ultimately become a go-to expert / product specialist in all aspects of the company’s key parking products and systems. Specifically, this will include the current models of the company’s multi-space and single space parking meters, the Sentinel™ meter management system, including programming tools and fixtures used by the engineering group. The Director of Engineering, will work with the successful candidate to develop a learning/training matrix to measure progress of product knowledge transfer and competence. Level of knowledge transfer will be continuously monitored and evaluated by the Production Engineering Manager.
The Electronics Hardware Product Support Specialist will be a key member of the MacKay engineering group. Reporting to the CTO, you will be called on and expected to actively contribute to, and take ownership of assigned tasks involving product engineering, product development, issue tracking, issue analysis, issue resolution, product change management, product or component testing, and production processes. You will be expected to demonstrate initiative, and a willingness to expand your knowledge and skill set beyond current core competencies.
Once a high degree of knowledge, familiarity and competence in MacKay products at both the technical engineering and operational levels has been achieved, the Electronics Hardware Product Support Specialist, as part of his/her duties and responsibilities will be expected to actively participate in and fulfill technical support responsibilities, gaining customer confidence and eventually become the primary contact person for key customers. These support responsibilities would include regular scheduled video conference calls involving multiple client staff, regular calls/communications, timely response to client’s emails/calls, as well as occasional travel for on-site face-to-face meetings, training sessions, as well as product issue analysis & resolution.
Electronics Hardware Product Support Specialist – Job Description
The position of Electronics Hardware Product Support Specialist requires and assumes an individual with an extensive work history that demonstrates a strong and diverse, technical, engineering background and experience. The position requires strong but collaborative communication, interpersonal and consulting skills.
The Electronics Hardware Product Support Specialist Role:
- Key member of the engineering group,
- Provide technical expertise with multi-space and single space parking meters,
- Provide operational expertise with Sentinel™ meter management system,
- Provide operational expertise with programming tools and fixtures,
- Actively contribute to the product engineering and development group,
- Issue tracking, analysis and resolution,
- Product change management, component testing, production processes,
- Assume a primary technical contact role with major customer(s),
- Participate/Initiate scheduled video conference calls with customers technical staff,
- Manage calls/communications and timely response to client’s emails/calls,
- Occasional travel for customer technical support meetings, training sessions, and product issue analysis & resolution.
Principal duties & responsibilities:
- Understand and support all aspects of our product’s design and functionality including usage, configuration, backend operation and configuration, firmware updates, installation, etc.,
- Work closely and collaboratively with all members of the engineering group, with production staff, as well as customers and/or vendors,
- Hardware modifications, manufacturing documentation, such as bill of materials, the creation and maintenance of production test procedures, creating and implementing functional and environmental test procedures, designing and integrating test equipment and procedures for production, sourcing and testing new and substitute parts,
- Troubleshoot production and customer related problems,
- Provide input and design services for the development of new products,
- Provide quality assurance with technical assistance to better ensure product compliance,
- Provide on-site technical assistance to customers and/or vendors as required.
- Electronics Engineering Technologist Degree, or Technician Diploma
- Experience in an electronics manufacturing environment
- High Reliability Soldering training/experience
- Experience using schematic capture and board layout programs such as ORCAD
- Ability to understand, analyze and modify as required, low power, industrial grade micro controllers and related digital and analog circuits
- Expert knowledge of a wide variety of electronic test equipment, oscilloscope, DMM
- Strong knowledge of computer hardware configuration (serial ports, networking, etc.)
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft® Office
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- 3-5 years of experience an asset
To fill this position, you must have a valid driver’s license, be able to obtain a Canadian passport and be willing, available and able to travel within and outside of Canada on Company business.
Salary offered will be commensurate with experience and ability. In addition, we offer group insurance benefits and company RRSP.
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and résumé indicating relevant experience for this position to hr.mgr AT mackaymeters.com. Please no telephone inquiries.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About J.J. MacKay Canada Limited:
J.J. MacKay Canada Limited is a Nova Scotia based company and an industry leader in the manufacture and supply of innovative parking equipment and parking solutions. We have been providing our parking products, services and solutions to Canadian, US, and International clients for over 60 years. The parking IT solutions we provide include traditional client/server applications with associated databases installed at our client sites as well as products that require customized software development, mobile applications, web based applications and client data hosting. Our web site is https://mackaymeters.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Work Location: In person