At E3 Electrical Systems, we owe our success to people and processes. A Bookkeeper/Administrative assistant is the supportive force behind both, and we are currently seeking someone exceptional to take the role. The ideal candidate will be a problem solver who has excellent communication skills and impeccable attention for detail. The candidate should also have experience working in an office environment, performing administrative tasks, and providing support to coworkers. An ability to multitask, and meet changing deadlines is essential to the position. This position requires working at the office part of the time. All training will be at the office.
- Keep financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using manual and computerized bookkeeping systems.
- Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports.
- Reconcile accounts.
- Maintains historical records by filing documents.
- Provide administrative support to senior leaders.
- Work with timesheets and payroll.
- Prepare statements for monthly payroll tax payments.
- Prepare quarterly GST statements and preparation for tax payments.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work with our accounting firm to help prepare year end tax return
Work Hours & Benefits
- Approximately 8 – 24 hrs /week
- Work from home most days with regular meetings with senior management
- Flexible schedule
- Health care
Required skills and qualifications:
- Quickbooks Online
- MS Excel
- Aptitude for learning new software and systems
- Strong time-management skills and multitasking ability
- Attention to Detail
- Comfortable handling confidential information
- Secondary School or certifications in accounting from accredited Universities
- Accounting experience
- Previous bookkeeping experience 1-3 years.
Job Type: Part-time
Part-time hours: 8-24 per week
Salary: $26.00-$32.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Calgary, AB T2H 1L8: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- QuickBooks: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-10-09