Member and Corporate Events Manager
This is a full-time, base salary and commission position with generous health, dental, vision benefits, and defined contribution group RRSP.
Manitoba Club is searching for a full time Member and Corporate Events Manager to complement our senior leadership group. If you are a well groomed and presentable individual with great manners and an outgoing personality, we have the perfect position and team based work environment for you.
Principal responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning all member and corporate events
- Communicating effectively and professionally with members and clients
- Develop positive working relationships with existing customers for repeat business
- Perform staff management, expense control, menu selection, food preparation and equipment rental to ensure profitable event
- Explore business opportunities to obtain new orders
- Work consistently with catering department on operation and execution of events
- Develop marketing plan to promote catering operations to individuals and organizations
- Respond to customer inquiries in an accurate and timely manner
- Prepare comprehensive catering order form according to client’s requirements and interests
- Coordinate and manage catering operations to assure quality services
- Review and finalize sales contracts, catering event orders and pricing agreements with clients
- Attend meetings on regular basis with catering team to discuss about new orders and issues
- Attend trade conventions and shows for business promotions
- Assist in developing budget and financial plans for catering department
- Responsible for $3M+ of private event revenue
This position will initially report jointly to the General Manager and Food & Beverage Manager, and eventually report directly to the Director of Events & Member Services. There will be a 5-week training and job shadowing period with current Member and Corporate Events Manager to ensure a successful on-boarding and acclimatization process.
Regular working hours are Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (flexible). Some early or later start times and weekends (rare) may be required, pending daily/weekly event schedule.
Total compensation for this position includes base salary, commission, employee lunch, health/dental/vision benefits (after 6 months) and defined contribution RRSP plan (after 12 months).
Prior experience planning and executing high profile private events is a core requirement for the successful applicant. Please reply to this advertisement with a covering letter and resume. Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview. This position will be available around November 1, pending the completion of the successful applicant's proper notice period with their current employer.
We look forward to hearing from some of Winnipeg's most amazing people.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent, Commission
Salary: $50,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-22
Expected start date: 2023-11-01