- The Lead Facility Attendant conducts direct assignments for the overall maintenance of the Centre’s facilities and grounds, repair, and alteration to meet and exceed the needs/expectations of the community.
- Performs related and other work as required to maintain the facilities, grounds, and equipment at the highest quality.
- Provide leadership and training for all part-time grounds’ employees, Green Team, and volunteers.
- Assume operational responsibilities in the absence of the General Manager.
o Overall responsibility for the day-to-day operation of the Centre; maintain the facilities and grounds at the highest quality.
o Perform daily walk-throughs and inspections, maintain daily log.
o Coordinate, organize, and direct building and grounds maintenance.
o Day-to-day cleaning of buildings and facilities as required.
o Point of contact for any rental clients using the Multi-Purpose Rooms or other facilities.
o Assist General Manager with purchasing of services and/or materials
o Assist General Manager with hiring of contractors and obtaining quotes, as necessary.
o Work with the GM to monitor and reinforce all fire and safety regulations to ensure that the building and properties are protected from fire and hazards.
o Use of personal vehicle for Centre business; reimbursement of fuel through the submission of expense claims.
o Coordinate, direct and perform plans and specifications for non-capital improvements.
o Coordinate and assist with facility setup and takedown
o Ensure the Centre’s assets are safeguarded from loss
o Prepare and maintain records of maintenance
o Supervise the operation of mobile and fixed equipment and maintain said equipment
o Report all damages to property and equipment to the Executive; submit insurance claims according to established process
o Participate in the plans for the development, renovation and ongoing maintenance of the facilities and grounds
- Accountability to the Board:
o Prepare clear and timely reports for General Manager consideration. Follow up on any Board concerns and research issues.
o Keep the Executive informed about matters at and between Board meetings.
o Set work priorities, methods, and sequence of work for support staff to maintain the facilities and grounds at the highest quality.
o Creates a grounds & Green Team staffing work schedule based on bi-weekly needs
o Train full and part-time employees for grounds and maintenance services; participate in interviews and recommendations for the selection of support staff
o Assist in the investigation of time sheet discrepancies
o Assist the General Manager to review work performance of support staff
o Review and ensure all safety standards are communicated and followed.
High School diploma supplemented by a combination of additional education, training and experience including supervisory experience preferred
- Comprehensive knowledge of building maintenance standards as well as basic carpentry, plumbing, and electrical.
- Ability to complete routine maintenance of facilities, grounds
- Basic knowledge and maintenance skills with tractors, lawnmowers, snowblowers
- Possess good leadership and public relations skills.
- Ability to work within a team environment and with minimal supervision; take initiative.
- Competent in oral communication and employ tact in meeting the public
- Knowledge of preventative maintenance
Conditions of Employment
- Because of the changing nature of work and tasks, the job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. Other duties as required.
- Normal working hours would be Monday to Friday 8:30-4:30, some evening and weekends in lieu of weekday hours would be required.
- Must be available during special events or urgent situations outside normal working hours
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Driver’s License and reliable vehicle
A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check, paid for by the Centre
The successful candidate should expect to work full days for a combined total of 35 hours per week. Some evenings and weekends.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person