Accelerate your career with the most awarded Air Cargo Airline in Canada!
Cargojet is Canada's leading provider of time-sensitive overnight air cargo services and carries over 1,300,000 pounds of cargo each business night. Cargojet operates its network across North America each business night, utilizing a fleet of all-cargo aircraft Cargojet has been awarded one of Canada’s 50 Best Managed Companies as well as being awarded the Shipper’s Choice Award for the best Air Cargo Carrier in Canada for the past number of years. Being part of Cargojet will allow you to become a part of a diverse and vibrant family at the leading edge of the air cargo industry both domestically and internationally. Cargojet team members are dedicated, hardworking, and have a strong sense of leadership and commitment.
Primary Objective of the Position:
This role presents an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help shape the future of Cargojet’s Cybersecurity Strategy, Framework, and Governance processes, and to be a trusted advisor and contributor to the IT Team in systematically identifying ways to continuously improve our overall cybersecurity posture and minimize risks. The ideal candidate comes with a strong technical background across IT domains and has focused their career path on Cybersecurity. The successful candidate also can “roll up the sleeves” to get the job done and is known as a great communicator and team player.
Essential Position Functions:
- In close collaboration with the key stakeholders, develop Cybersecurity Strategy, Framework and Governance Model
- Develop and maintain cybersecurity policies, procedures, and standards (including architectural) to minimize risk to Cargojet’s information assets
- Manage and maintain Cargojet’s Cybersecurity Incident Response Plan
- Advice and support the development of Cybersecurity User Awareness and Training and monitor the effectiveness
- Lead IT risk management by proactively identifying, assessing, and documenting risks to Cargojet’s systems and information assets. Work across IT to identify corresponding risk reduction measures and to monitor effective and timely implementation, all with a view to continuous improvement of overall cybersecurity posture
- Conduct vulnerability assessment and penetration testing activities to understand security posture deficiencies and ensure remedial action and mitigation measures are implemented.
- Monitor Cargojet’s IT security technologies/tools and associated processes/practices to ensure adequate threat mitigation and security measures are in place.
- Advise IT Infrastructure and Development teams on industry best practices to minimize cybersecurity risks
- Proactively scan cybersecurity industry trends and the evolving threat landscape, and advise on how these should inform IT plans
- Lead Incident Response for major incidents and coordinate communication and resolution activities; ensure effective documentation and follow-up of all cybersecurity-related incidents
- Support management of 3rd party relationships for cybersecurity-related services such as threat monitoring and insurance
- Other duties as required and as directed, to maintain a robust and responsive security program
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Information Technology from an accredited institution
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in Cybersecurity and Information Security roles
- Relevant certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CISM, CEH
- Hands-on experience in conducting Threat Risk Assessments, Vulnerability Assessments, Penetration Testing
- Deep experience in the application and management of frameworks like NIST, ISO 27001, SANS 20
- Proven leadership and collaboration skills, and ability to communicate complex concepts at all levels
- Experience in managing 3rd party vendor relationships
- Hands-on experience in the implementation and management of technologies and processes used to safeguard information assets
Important to Know:
- Cargojet is an equal-opportunity employer. We thank you for your interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
- At Cargojet, we make safety the highest priority. Because of this priority and as we operate in a safety-sensitive environment, we require all employees to abstain from consuming Cannabis, in and outside of the workplace. This is a critical element of our drug and alcohol policy that all employees must comply with at all times.