- Great learning and growth opportunities
- A competitive compensation package
- Full Benefits Package
- RRSP Matching Program
- Professional Development Courses & Designations
- 100% tuition re-imbursement for business relevant courses and training
- Flexible paid time off
Navacord is searching for an Operations Innovation Manager who will be responsible foridentifying, analyzing, and implementing strategies to enhance operational efficiency and productivity within our broker partners. Aligned to strategic direction, a core priority is to identify best practices and realization of these best practices through optimization of business operations (operating model, processes and workflows, and adoption of digital tools) to achieve improved outcomes, reduced costs and increased client satisfaction.
- Lead detailed evaluations of existing Broker Partner business operations current state (including current KPIs, end-to-end processes, workflows, tools, and systems) to identify areas for performance improvement. This involves studying data, interviewing stakeholders, and observing operations to understand the current state. Working closely with the President of Personal Lines & Travel, the first area of focus will be on Retail Personal Lines, however this role will support all lines of business in the future (VIP, Small Business, Commercial, Benefits, Wealth, etc)
- Identify bottlenecks, inefficiencies, and pain points within the current state operations that hinder productivity, quality, or client experience. This includes comparing current state across Broker Partners to identify why certain partners have more favourable KPI’s and opportunities for improvement in others
- Develop and recommend best practices and solutions that address identified opportunities and align with strategic goals. This will involve exploring industry best practices, collaborating with multiple departments, and identifying areas to leverage technology and automation
- Establish key performance indicators (KPIs), benchmarks and other key metrics to measure performance and operational improvements across Broker Partners.
- Design and implement operational efficiency project plans at identified Broker Partners to effectively introduce best practices. This includes creating strong communication and change management strategies to effectively introduce change (communications, training, addressing resistance to change) as well as tracking and analyzing data to evaluate the effectiveness of the enhancements.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within our Broker Partners by fostering innovation, encouraging employee involvement, and implementing feedback mechanisms
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, engineering, operations management, or a related field.
- Certification in process improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma or Kaizen.
- Prior experience in process improvement, business process reengineering, or operational excellence is highly desirable. This can include roles such as process analyst, strategic initiative manager, business analyst, or similar positions where optimization and efficiency were central
- Prior experience working at a brokerage or insurance carrier within the Canadian Insurance industry.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge of Process Improvement Methodologies: Familiarity with process improvement methodologies such as Lean Six Sigma, Kaizen, Total Quality Management (TQM), or other continuous improvement frameworks is important. Proficiency in applying these methodologies to identify and resolve business performance issues is a significant asset.
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills: Strong analytical skills are crucial to assess complex data, identify patterns, and draw meaningful insights. The ability to think critically, conduct root cause analyses, and apply problem-solving techniques is essential to drive effective improvements.
- Project Management Abilities: Experience or knowledge of project management methodologies is beneficial, as operational improvement initiatives often involve planning, coordinating resources, and managing timelines. The ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and coordinate cross-functional teams is valuable.
- Change Management Skills: Demonstrated ability to lead and facilitate change within an organization is important. Skills in change management strategies, stakeholder engagement, communication, and addressing resistance to change will contribute to successful implementations.
- Interpersonal and Collaboration Skills: Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to collaborate with individuals at all levels of the organization are important. This role should be able to build relationships, influence stakeholders, and work effectively within cross-functional teams.
Navacord is actively committed to support diversity, equity, and inclusion. We serve and recognize and respect human differences and similarities. We value the diversity of people and actively encourage women, indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, people with disabilities, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer (LGBTQ2+) persons to apply. We are committed to providing accommodation upon request for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5L 1L5