Pan American Silver was created with the intention to provide investors with the best vehicle to gain exposure to higher silver prices. Our vision is to be the world’s pre-eminent silver producer, with a reputation for excellence in discovery, engineering, and sustainable development. Pan American Silver has several underground and open pit operations in Canada, Mexico, Guatemala, Peru, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, and Argentina.
Pan American Silver is committed to advancing diversity and developing inclusive leadership teams that are representative of the communities we serve. The Company provides equal opportunities to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by federal, provincial, or local law.
SAFETY PROJECT MANAGER
Pan American currently has an opening for a Safety Project Manager to join its corporate office located in Vancouver or Toronto. As a Safety Projects Manager at Pan American Silver, you will play a critical role in overseeing and managing corporate safety initiatives. Initially, you will be working with the operating managers on a companywide critical risk management program, focusing on the prevention of serious injuries and fatalities. You will be at the forefront of our commitment to safety. You will lead, innovate, and drive safety initiatives that go beyond compliance to create a safer and more resilient operating environment. Your role is instrumental in shaping the safety culture and ensuring the highest standards of safety performance across our operations.
- Project Planning: Develop comprehensive project plans and strategies for each project,
- Innovative Safety Initiatives: Spearhead the development and implementation of cutting-edge safety initiatives, leveraging the latest technologies, best practices, and industry trends.
- Safety Planning: Create comprehensive safety plans that incorporate advanced risk assessment methodologies, predictive analytics, and data-driven decision-making.
- Real-time Monitoring: Implement real-time safety monitoring systems to provide immediate insights into safety performance and enable rapid response to emerging safety concerns.
- Safety Documentation and Analytics: Develop and maintain advanced safety documentation and analytical tools to track safety metrics, incidents, and performance trends.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Collaborate closely with project teams, operating sites, and industry partners to drive safety initiatives and share best practices.
- Safety Culture Champion: Lead by example in promoting a strong safety culture, understanding of coaching and mentoring processes, emphasizing continuous improvement, innovation, and employee engagement.
- 15+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational health and safety, Environmental Science, or related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Proven experience as a Safety Manager in underground mining operations or projects.
- In-depth knowledge of safety systems and standards.
- Deep understanding of training programs.
- Experience in “Critical Risk Management” programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team and build relationships with stakeholders.
- Proficient in using safety management software and tools.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish is required for effective communication with diverse teams and stakeholders.
- Required international travel to sites (30-40%) and must be able to work in high altitude environments.
Interested candidates please apply in confidence with cover letter and resumebefore October 15 to [email protected]
We thank all applicants for showing an interest. Only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- relevant: 10 years (required)
- English and Spanish (required)
Work Location: In person