DigitalOcean (NYSE: DOCN) simplifies cloud computing so builders can spend more time creating software that changes the world. With our mission-critical infrastructure and fully managed offerings, DigitalOcean enables startups and small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) to rapidly deploy and scale modern applications. As a remote-first organization, our employees, like our customers, are based around the world.
We are looking for a Network Sourcing Manager to join the existing network engineering team, working with the infrastructure group. Reporting to the Sr Director of Network Engineering, the Network Sourcing Manager will be part of a team that is designing, implementing and maintaining the DigitalOcean network from the Internet edge to the hypervisor connections. Our networks need to be massively scalable, and enable systems agility, while providing our hundreds of thousands of customers with the most stable platform. We work with other infrastructure and engineering teams to ensure new products and features have scalable network architectures and will provide the performance our customers require.
If you're looking for a role to challenge your skills and be rewarding and fulfilling, while working with top of the line equipment and manage a large network with huge scaling requirements and modern design, this job is for you!
- Identifying internal specifications and requirements from various business unit partners
- Assessing global market ISP participants in US, EMEA and APAC and their technology offerings
- Providing commercial expertise and understanding of network/bandwidth/pricing structures
- Running Sourcing and RFx activities
- Contracting: MSAs, new orders and MACD
- Establishing SLAs & KPIs and facilitating QBRs
- Tracking inventory of contracts, circuits, locations, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in a business or technical degree, or equivalent experience
- At least 7 years minimum of relevant job experience in a fast-growing technology company preferable, with at least 3 years minimum of job experience in a leadership capacity
- Sourcing responsibilities across different telecom carrier services and technologies. Examples: Transport (Dark Fiber, MPLS, EPL SD WAN, Wavelength) INET: IP Transit, (DIA, Peering, IX.) Understanding of CSPs, and CDN providers
- Strong project management skills: may need to occasionally assist with circuit, design (path diversity, DC/office riser diversity), implementation, escalation, outage mitigation.
- Pricing and contract negotiations for telecom services
- Ability to bring new insights to the table to reduce costs.
- Maintain and audit circuit capacity, recommend augments as needed
- Lead communication between global infrastructure, network engineering, project managers, and carriers
- Bridge communication between technical and non-technical groups
- Strong negotiating skills
- Being comfortable to pivot (change of plans) at a moment's notice.
- High level of technical understanding of the network services and deep understanding of pricing structure of ISP services globally
- Technical and commercial expertise and understanding of network/bandwidth/pricing structures.
- Network experience across all regions. US, EMEA, APAC, India and China
- We reward our employees. The base salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. The salary range for this role is specific to candidates located within the U.S. and will vary for candidates outside the U.S.. The salary range for this position is based on relevant years of experience and skills. Employees may qualify for a bonus in addition to base salary; bonus amounts are determined based on company and individual performance. We also provide equity compensation to eligible employees including grants of equity upon hire and the option to participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Program.
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging our teams and employees to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship and other internal programs. We provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your well-being. In addition to cash and equity compensation, we also offer employees a competitive array of benefits. In the United States, these include health insurance, unlimited vacation, retirement benefits, a generous parental leave program, and additional resources to support employees' overall well-being. While the philosophy around our benefits is the same worldwide, specific benefits may vary in other countries due to local regulations and preferences.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.