At Northview, we are a passionate, community-focused team dedicated to making our properties the best they can be. Headquartered in Calgary, AB, we currently operate in nine provinces and two territories, managing over 14,000 multi-residential units, 1.25 million sq. ft of commercial space, and 200 executive suites. We are proud to live, work, and play in the neighborhoods we serve, next to our residents, hotel guests and commercial tenants.
We are looking for a Maintenance Supervisor to join our Residential team in Iqaluit, NU. Reporting to the Facilities Manager, you will lead a team of Maintenance Technicians in a specified region or location. While following our Health and Safety requirements, our Maintenance Supervisors will not only have working knowledge of plumbing, electrical, and flooring, they will also have the proven ability to be a motivated person with exceptional leadership and customer service skills.
What you will do:
- Supervision of maintenance workers and laborers
- In cooperation with the Regional Manager, determine priorities and work deadlines
- Facilitating weekly tool box meetings
- Completing time sheets
- Completing and assigning maintenance requests
- Performing minor repairs on heating, plumbing, electrical systems, appliances, walls and flooring
- Moving furniture, equipment, materials and supplies
- Removing trash and items from suites/grounds
- Other duties relating to upkeep of buildings and suites as assigned
What you will bring:
- Proven organizational and time management skills
- Leadership experience – leading by example
- Computer, spreadsheet, work orders, timesheet experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in building maintenance
- Strong working knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, flooring and drywall experience
- Is physically fit and able to lift up to 50lbs
- Boiler knowledge and experience is preferred
- Valid driver’s license and Criminal Record Check (free of relevant convictions)
- Work as part of an on-call team, and weekends as needed
If your background matches the qualifications listed above and you are looking for an opportunity to make a difference in the communities we serve, please submit your resume in confidence to www.rentnorthview.com/about/careers. Please note, only those candidates chosen to continue through the selection process will be contacted. Northview welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.