Full time, indefinite
Ottawa or Toronto, Ontario (hybrid)
September 26, 2023
$110,000 to $137,000 per year
CADTH is Canada’s drug and health technology agency. We’re a not-for-profit organization headquartered in Ottawa, with a satellite office in Toronto. We’re funded by Canada’s federal, provincial, and territorial governments, with the exception of Quebec, to provide independent information and advice to the country’s publicly funded health care systems. Health administrators and policy experts rely on CADTH to inform their decisions about the funding and appropriate use of the drugs, devices, and services used to prevent, diagnose, and treat medical conditions.
Most CADTH employees participate in a hybrid workspace arrangement that allows for flexibility and enhanced work-life balance. CADTH believes in the positive impact of in-person collaboration and the importance of team building. CADTH gives preference to qualified candidates who live near our offices and can participate in a hybrid arrangement. We encourage individuals outside of these regions to apply, as fully remote arrangements may be considered in certain circumstances.
The Manager, Procurement is responsible for leading a team of Contracts subject-matter experts in the execution of corporate goods and technical and professional services contracts to drive, enable, and support CADTH strategic priorities.
On any given day, the Manager, Procurement will:
- Manage a team of highly engaged contracts staff who enable the timely and effective delivery of CADTH products and services for internal clients/stakeholders.
- Support internal stakeholders with requests for complex projects and for emerging business needs including preparation of agreements, contract negotiation, and associated administration.
- Apply technical expertise, legal acumen and a risk-based approach to advise, guide, and support the contracts team in prioritizing requests received from internal stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain CADTH’s corporate procurement policies, procedures, processes, and associated document management practices.
- Collaborate, integrate, and build trust with leaders and teams from across CADTH to anticipate contracting needs across the organization.
- Work with the Director, Project Management on the procurement of external expert resources and ensure the effective management of these resources including assessment of performance, minimization of conflict of interest, and promotion of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Develop and monitor a dashboard of key metrics relating to contract management including supplier performance, contract lifecycle status and outstanding request status to inform internal decision-making and foster continual improvement.
- Lead the management of any contract discrepancies, disputes or claims by gathering all pertinent claim information, assisting in investigation, and liaising with legal counsel or insurance adjusters as necessary.
Is this the right role for you?
The Manager, Procurement will likely have:
- A post-secondary education in a relevant area such as Business Administration or Commerce and preferably 5 years of progressive experience preparing fee-for-service contracts, RFP’s, and contract administration. An equivalent combination of education and relevant experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience in theories, principles and practices of contract law, indemnity, insurance, liability, waivers, and contract management.
- Experience providing advice to executive-level and senior leadership staff
- Experience collaborating with external agencies and vendors
- Ability to create and foster long-term working relationships with colleagues, customers, vendors, and partners.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrated strength in legal and technical report writing.
- Experience working collaboratively, prioritizing, and balancing multiple competing tasks effectively in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships and a positive work environment by being respectful, approachable, and team-oriented.
What will set you apart?
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.), Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) and/or Project Management Professional (P.M.P.) certification
- Experience with SAP Concur and Sage 300, and other procurement systems and tools
- Experience leading a team of contracting professionals
- Fluency in French
What’s in it for you?
At CADTH, you will find:
- a team-focused, supportive, and inclusive work environment
- a comprehensive Total Rewards package including health, dental, and wellness benefits; a defined benefit pension plan with Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP); and a variety of leave options
- opportunities to work with and learn from highly specialized professionals
- personal growth through professional development opportunities, corporate training, and support for continuing education
- a friendly culture that supports community engagement
- the opportunity to make a difference for people in Canada and effect positive change.
To apply for this position, visit the Careers section of our website. Your résumé must clearly identify how your skills and experience relate to the requirements of this role. Applications for this opportunity may be used for future staffing vacancies. We thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates selected for further consideration will be contacted. Please visit our website regularly for new opportunities.
At CADTH, we actively celebrate, support, and flourish through our differences. Our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for building the future of healthcare. We demonstrate a commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity, and accessibility through continuous development, modeling inclusive behaviors, and proactively managing bias. We highly encourage all qualified applicants to apply, including people of all places of origin and religions, persons with disabilities, neurodivergent individuals, Black, other racialized and Indigenous peoples, women, and persons of the 2SLGBTQ+ community. We also provide accommodation during all phases of the recruitment process. If you require any accommodation or have any questions, please contact [email protected]
. We will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that successful candidates will be required to complete a confidential pre-employment background check which includes criminal, employment, and educational verifications as a condition of employment.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. CADTH regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment visas at this time.