Join the CapWest team in Vancouver as a Safety Manager for CapWest. This role is responsible for the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the safety management system for our concrete forming and pumping operations. With long-term partnerships at our core, we deliver high-quality results safely, on time and within budget. Your contributions to the team will shape how we build with technology forward, innovative outcomes that will continue to make an industry impact.
Perks & Benefits:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package that provides extended health care, dental care, vision care, life insurance and critical illness.
- Continuous learning opportunities with an annual educational allowance.
- Generous referral program ranging from $500-$2,500 depending on business need.
- Regular consistent team-building activities and events.
- Discounts to local amenities and vendors.
- Discounted hotel stays in multiple locations through our Hospitality offerings.
What Will You Do?
CapWest is hiring a Safety Manager to oversee site safety for all CapWest Division, including but not limited to, Forming, Pumping, and Civil. The Safety Manager will develop, implement, and maintain safety programs, enforce regulations, investigate accidents, and ensure all employees follow safety policies.
- Overseeing the development, implementation, and maintenance of the company’s safety program and other required safety programs designed to ensure compliance and enforcement of the applicable rules and regulations of OH&S
- Develop, implement, and maintain the company’s safety program to ensure compliance and enforcement of applicable OH&S regulations.
- Monitor and revise safety programs to maintain compliance and effectiveness in injury and illness prevention.
- Assist with safety and health inspections and ensure corrective action is taken for hazards.
- Investigate all injuries and accidents to determine their cause and potential corrective action.
- Maintain a company commitment to accident prevention by expecting safe conduct from all employees.
- Assign safety responsibility to all levels of management, supervision, and employees and hold them accountable for safety.
- Enforce all company safety rules, regulations, and policies consistently and fairly.
- Monitor and report on the safety budget and costs for necessary safety materials, equipment, training, and maintenance.
- Clarify safety responsibilities from contract documents and ensure compliance from subcontractors.
- Act as a leader in company safety policy and set a good example for all supervisors and employees.
- Weekly safety walks and inspections/documentation.
- Assisting with new employee orientation training, as required.
- Preparing and updating the emergency response plan as necessary.
What You Bring?
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a Safety role particularly with concrete construction, forming, and pumping. Advanced knowledge and experience in fall protection/working at heights, working on large-scale projects with multiple sub-trades an asset
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Certified Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) or will to obtain is an asset.
- OHS Diploma or Degree would be an asset.
- CPR and First Aid Certified
- Strong documentation capacity with the ability to meet stringent deadlines
About the Company:
Founded on more than 35 years of collective professional experience, CapWest is specialized in meeting the modern needs of the growing construction industry in North America. We provide integrated solutions for clients across diverse industries, following an efficient and cooperative approach, and always delivering project certainty. We believe it is the culmination of our passion for providing world-class construction and construction management services, while also fostering long-term relationships that yield exceptional and innovative outcomes that continue to shape the industry.
How to Apply:
Please apply through the link on the job posting and attach your resume and any other required documents.
We thank all applicants for your interest in the Onni Group. Note that only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.