We are looking for a maintenance supervisor to manage the upkeep and maintenance of rolling stock. You will have to ensure and provide a fast and efficient maintenance service to maximize the availability of trains for commercial service while respecting Alstom processes with particular attention to HSE rules. You will be responsible for the proper conduct of maintenance or repair operations. An excellent maintenance supervisor must be reliable and detail-oriented and also have technical skills. Leadership and knowledge of administrative tasks such as planning are also essential. The objective is to ensure that the fleet of rolling stock is in good working order, safe, maintained according to a maintenance schedule and in compliance with the standards established by the manufacturer.
- Ensure that all corrective and preventive maintenance activities are carried out in a timely and priority manner to enable flawless commercial service.
- Inspect and maintain rolling stock.
- Seamless collaboration with other stakeholders / departments.
- Ensure compliance with quality standards and health and safety regulations
- Ensures that a corrective maintenance notice and a work order have been created for all defects and that a priority is assigned to the work order.
- Opens a waiver request for each corrective maintenance activity not completed according to the schedule or instructions and ensures that this waiver is approved by a quality and engineering representative.
- Informs engineering and the quality manager if the priority level of a defect is critical to safety and when in doubt about the level of criticality.
Required profile :
- Electro-Mechanical diploma or any other diploma in a related sector
- 5 years minimum of experience in personnel management
- Experience in a railway environment, an asset
- Ability to work under pressure and make quick decisions
- Mandatory fluent French, functional English
Working hours: Monday to Thursday from 2 p.m. to midnight.
Depending on the constraints related to commissioning activities, availability of trains and depot equipment, working hours may be day, evening or night. The Supervisor chosen must understand the challenges of having to support a commercial service operating on 20-hour schedules 24/7 days a week.
Place of work: Brossard
Will report directly to the maintenance operation manager MR.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
An agile, inclusive and responsible culture is the foundation of our company where diverse people are offered excellent opportunities to grow, learn and advance in their careers. We are committed to encouraging our employees to reach their full potential, while valuing and respecting them as individuals.
Alstom is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
Effective 29 January 2021, Alstom completed the acquisition of Bombardier Transportation. This is a Bombardier Transportation Legal Entity Position - positions at Bombardier Transportation companies are all members of the Alstom Group.
Job Segment: Manager, Management