1. High School diploma.
2. Ability to read and write English as well as to understand verbal and written instructions in English.
3. Demonstrated concern and interest in providing care to our Elders.
4. Demonstrated ability to interrelate well with Elders, staff, families as a member of the interdisciplinary team at River East Personal Care Home.
5. Ability to work independently and safely with minimal supervision.
6. Willingness to be flexible and change and adapt routines day to day
7. Mentally and physically able to perform duties as outlined (ability to lift up to 50lb)
1. Participates in evaluating care and/or services provided by the Environmental Team.
2. Performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner and maintains all work areas in a clean, orderly, and safe condition as established by facility and provincial OH&S guidelines.
3. Follows manufacturers’ instructions in the operation and use of all equipment and chemicals.
4. Reports unsafe and hazardous working conditions and any equipment malfunctions to their supervisor.
5. Knowledge of home procedures for fire and environmental safety.
6. Performs duties in accordance with prescribed infection control procedures.
7. Respects Elders’ rights to dignity and privacy and performs duties in a courteous and respectful manner.
8. Adheres to “Standards of Employee Conduct”, “Bill of Rights”, and the Quality Care Standards of River East Personal Care Home.
9. Works closely and cooperates with other staff and our Elders. Maintains good working relationships with all work areas in the home.
10. Participates in interdisciplinary care conferences, committees, and neighborhood meetings as required.
11. Responsible for the development and upgrading of his/her knowledge and skills. Attends in-service sessions and conferences as required.
12. Maintains a satisfactory level of health and physical fitness so that regular attendance at work can be maintained.
Job Types: Part-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 3- 8 months
Part-time hours: 30-35 per week
Salary: From $14.56 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Vision care
All staff must be fully vaccinated
Work Location: In person
Expected start date: 2023-09-20