General Maintenance/Maintenance Attendant
We are currently recruiting for a General Maintenance person. The successful candidate will be driven and dedicated, possessing the skills necessary to respond quickly to maintenance requests and to maintain the hotel facilities by practicing preventative maintenance and general repairs. The ideal candidate will have the ability to interact professionally with guests and team members, a 'can do" attitude, and the desire to learn and advance within the company.
What we offer:
- Full-time work with like-minded team members who are passionate about their work and keep things fun, every day!
- Working with a reputable brand and being part of Silver Hotel Group, a company committed to ensuring a culture of respect, appreciation, and fun (among other things of course)!
- A fast-paced environment in an exciting industry, where you get the chance to meet people from all over the world. It’s a good place to be right now!
- Education Reimbursement for you (and your children!
- Annual Wellness Credit
- Team Member Referral Program
- Leadership Development
- Team Building Events
- Culture of Recognition Program
- Hotel Stay Discounts
Reporting to the Chief Engineer:
- Responsible for ensuring the property and product are in a condition that exceeds our guests’ expectations;
- Identify and rectify general maintenance issues within the property;
- Respond to guest requests in a courteous, efficient, and safe manner;
- Perform preventative maintenance and necessary repairs to hotel guest rooms and equipment, including kitchen, boiler, HVAC, plumbing, and electrical;
- Drywall repair, painting, and other basic carpentry as needed;
- Make regular internal and external rounds of property to ensure that everything is in working order, reporting any issues to the Maintenance Manager;
- Maintain work area, all equipment, and logbooks;
- Respond to emergency situations including fire alarms, power failures;
- Other duties as assigned.
What we are looking for...
- Technical experience in a recognized trade with a general understanding of building maintenance and operation. Previous experience in a fast-paced hotel environment would be considered an asset;
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Flexibility in working any shift as required, including evenings, weekends, and holidays;
- Ability to work within a team environment and a passion to learn and grow in this role;
- Ability to prioritize and multitask;
- Team player and self-starter with strong organizational skills;
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems and operations - ie. chillers, boilers, water softeners, refrigeration, plumbing and electrical;
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, creative thinking, and decision-making skills;
- Good computer and communication skills;
- Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational skills;
- Knowledge of pool maintenance;
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment-maintaining composure and objectivity with guests and team members;
- Must be legally authorized to work in Canada. Please note that the hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
The official site for hotel reservations for Marriott hotels and beach resorts at Marriott.com
About Silver Hotel Group
Silver Hotel Group (SHG) is a family-owned Canadian hotel investment, development, and management company. Our portfolio includes hotels in Canada and the U.S. and ranges from internationally branded full and select-service hotels to independent and boutique hotels. At SHG, our culture is fundamental to our success. Each empowered team member strives to exhibit passion, creativity, and fun every day. Together, we are dedicated to delivering exceptional experiences by living our core values as our road map: Accountability, Teamwork, Leadership, Diversity, Integrity, Giving, Fun, and Recognition. As we continue to grow, our mantra “You Matter” resonates with our 600+ team members in how we do business, which will continue to enhance engagement and retention. Today, we look for new team members who demonstrate both aptitude and the passion to embrace and contribute to our Culture.
Help us build something exceptional!
The Silver Hotel Group believes in outstanding hospitality and takes seriously its obligations under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. We are committed to respecting the independence and dignity of all persons by providing a barrier-free environment for all guests, colleagues, and job applicants. Accommodations are available upon request for all applicants with a disability throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources at 905-362-9503. The Silver Hotel Group is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, or any other characteristics protected by law.