Consider Your Next Career with Cassellholme!
RN SUPERVISOR - PERMANENT FULL-TIME (1) 12-HR NIGHT SHIFT - Cassellholme, a not for profit, charitable organization, operates a 240 bed Long-Term Care facility serving residents 18 years of age or older who have long-term health care needs as well as a Community Support Services program that supports seniors' independent living. Cassellholme is located in the City of North Bay which is situated within 3 ½ hours of both Toronto and Ottawa. Nestled between beautiful Lake Nipissing and Trout Lake, the district offers both urban and country living, with multiple recreational opportunities.
Cassellholme is currently seeking a qualified candidate to work as RN SUPERVISOR. The RN Supervisor works as a member of an inter-professional health care team. As a recruitment and retention incentive, we offer a $5,000 signing bonus - the signing bonus is paid out on a bi-weekly basis, with regular wages, over the course of twelve (12) months.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will use your specialized knowledge and skills to -
- Play a leadership role to facilitate the provision of high standards of resident care through the promotion of evidence-based practice in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary clinical team;
- Assesses the health status of residents by interviews, observations and data collection to determine care requirements and update care plans, flow sheets and progress notes as needed;
- Oversee effective facilitation of resident care activities, such as physician orders, diagnostic imaging & tests
- Administers prescribed medications, treatments and injections to residents according to the CNO nursing practice standards, and Home policies and procedures.
- Assessing, supporting and managing clinical risk situations, escalating as appropriate.
- Communicate with residents, families, staff and other departments regarding all aspects of resident care.;
- Guide RPN's and non-registered personnel in the provision of quality resident care and participates in the efficient and safe functioning of the Home at all times;
- Maintain staff scheduling activity after hours to ensure continuity of care resources.
How do I qualify? Mandatory Requirements:
- You are a graduate of a Registered Nurse (RN) Diploma or Degree program with a current certificate of competence from College of Nurses of Ontario.
- Satisfactory Criminal Police Check (CPIC) with vulnerable sector screening;
- Satisfactory Two-Step Mantoux Test (TB)
- Valid CPR/Health Care Provider (HCP) Level C Certificate
Note: A CPIC will be requested by the Hiring Manager should you be the candidate of choice. Please do not submit your CPIC with your application.
Cassellholme's Commitment to You
We are committed to building a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, inclusive, accessible, respectful and equitable workplace. We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario's Human Rights Code.
If you're looking for a workplace where you can focus on your residents' overall well-being, long-term care is the right place for you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $35.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Signing bonus
- Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario (required)
Work Location: In person