Glowbal Restaurant Group has become one of the most successful restaurant companies in Vancouver. Our eight brands include Glowbal, Coast, Italian Kitchen, Trattoria (Park Royal & Burnaby), Black + Blue (Vancouver & Toronto), The Roof, Five Sails and Riley Fish & Steak. Immersing guests in an experience that is fresh and vibrant, with engaging service, impressive wine, and cocktail lists, and some of the most inventive, celebrated cuisine in the Pacific Northwest, it is no wonder our restaurants are exactly where everyone wants to be.
WHY WORK FOR US:
We are proud to offer our 1000+ staff competitive wages, hands-on training, extended health benefits, annual performance reviews, and referral programs. We also support internal growth and development with our job transfer policy and performance-based opportunities for cross training in different cuisines and restaurant concepts. Dining discounts across our brands are a definite perk!
We are seeking a HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, the HUMAN RESOURCES COORDINATOR is accountable for maintaining and enhancing the organization’s human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs and best practices. This role will carry out administrative work focusing on staffing, onboarding, retention, benefit programs, training and development, health & safety compliances and claims management.
- Collect and maintain new hire documents and personnel records for management team
- Ensure General Managers and Executive Chefs are collecting and maintaining new hire documents and personnel records for all hourly staff at the restaurant level
- Track employee compliances and training; follow up with deficiencies as required
- Develop and compile reports concerning personnel-related data such as metrics on recruitment, demographics, hiring and attrition, vacation and absenteeism
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Monitor HR-related documentation to ensure accuracy, consistency, and relevance to business processes
Recruitment and Onboarding
- Assist with job adverts and candidate assessments when needed
- Manage employee orientation program and facilitate new hire orientation once a month in collaboration with Company President
- Ensure new hire packages are up to date and accessible to all managers
- Administer and monitor the employee extended health program
- Ensure employees are enrolled into Group Benefits plan when eligible and terminate benefits when needed; reconcile monthly invoices
- Maintain and monitor all internal benefit programs such as staff referral program
Health and Safety Administration
- Facilitate administration and active participation in the Joint Health & Safety Committee
- Ensure monthly inspections and meetings are completed in a timely manner
- Administer the legislative mandated training files, records and course evaluations; ensure current practices and training materials comply with applicable legislation
- Submit Form 7 and related documentation to WorkSafe BC / WSIB; answer queries and investigate workplace injuries
Training and Performance Management
- Track and monitor employee training, assessments and performance reviews
- Assist Operational Teams with succession planning in order to build new leaders
- In collaboration with the Director of HR, provide sound guidance and advice to management on HR management-related matters in accordance with the Employment Standards Act and Human Rights Code
- Exercise sound judgement to ensure effective risk management and mitigation
- In consultation with the Director of HR, investigate employee relations matters and propose resolution
TO WORK FOR US:
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of general HR knowledge of employee relations, compensation and benefits, performance management and recruitment and selection
- Certification from an accredited post-secondary institute in Human Resources is an asset
- CHRP designation, is an asset
- Proficient knowledge on Canada Labour Code, Employment Standards Act, and Labour Laws
- Must have strong computer skills including MS Office applications
- Administrative expertise and pedantic attention to detail is a must
- High level communication skills (written and verbal) with the aptitude to connect well with all levels of people
- Self-motivated with solid organizational skills
- Proactive, including the ability to spot potential problems early and prevent them from escalating
- Value accountability, integrity and confidentiality
- Solid coaching and conflict resolution abilities
- Active listening skills and the ability to empathize, inspire and convince others
- Willing to work extra to meet deadlines when required
You MUST have valid proof of Social Insurance Number and be legal to work in Canada with proof as a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Residence or Valid Work Permit.
We genuinely appreciate your interest in becoming a part of our dynamic team. Please be aware that due to the high volume of applications, we will only be able to reach out to candidates who have been shortlisted for an interview.