The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has 1 (one) exciting indeterminate opportunity within the Operations branch at the CATSA Headquarters.
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
Why is CATSA a great fit for you?
CATSA is world leader in aviation security and screening with a mandate to protect the public. A Crown corporation, it features a mix of public service and private sector diverse backgrounds in which is reflective of the varied background of its employees. CATSA encourages innovation and creativity and offers a healthy and diverse workplace where employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves and feel energized and proud.
If you are a motivated professional seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment and you are looking for the next great adventure, CATSA is the place for you!
Summary of responsibilities:
Reporting to the General Manager, Program Delivery, the Manager, Training Delivery leads a team that is responsible for ensuring the effective and consistent delivery of CATSA’s training programs for screening personnel. The Manager is also responsible for training delivery issues management and for coordinating system-wide consensus and consistency in training delivery policies and procedures. By partnering with regional and headquarters colleagues, the Manager ensures training needs are met by overseeing the national coordination, scheduling and effective implementation of training delivery. In addition, the Manager in collaboration with the Manager, Training Development and Certification ensures that national training delivery standards are developed and maintained and collaborates with headquarters and regional colleagues on national processes for regional training assets. The Manager is also responsible for the Performance Event Process and associated Performance Event Management System (PEMS). The Manager, Training Delivery performs all other duties and responsibilities related to the position as required.
What you need to succeed
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Graduation from a recognized college or university with a specialization in Adult Education, Training, Business Administration, Operations Management or another specialty related to the duties of the position
- A minimum of eight (8) years experience planning and implementing training programs.
- A minimum of three (3) years leading teams and managing staff.
- A minimum of three (3) years experience developing and executing project plans and budgets to meet strategic objectives
- Strong understanding of training development and adult learning principles
- Understanding of the theories, principles, and data associated with performance metrics
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership for training delivery and performance management systems
- Proven experience analyzing data, conducting trend analysis, and presenting information in a functional format
This position is best suited to individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Strong oral and written communication skills in both official languages;
- Strong ability to collaborate on and coordinate multiple complex and sensitive files;
- Able to effectively manage changing priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to analyze complex data and information and provide recommendations;
- Strong attention to detail and quality;
- Ability to effectively persuade and influence others;
- Strong negotiation skills;
- Strong creative and problem solving skills;
- Ability to work with others in a team environment;
- Ability to support and motivate subordinates and maintain team morale;
- Ability to resolve conflicts and manage adversity;
- Ability to work effectively under pressure/time constraints;
Valuable skills include:
- Knowledge of CATSA’s mandate and priorities, as well as an awareness of relevant legislation affecting CATSA;
- Aviation-related experience including liaising, developing collaborative working relationships and establishing communication links with various external stakeholders within the aviation industry;
- Demonstrated experience in adult learning and training delivery;
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods (mentoring, coaching, on-the-job or in classroom training, e learning, workshops, simulators, etc.);
- Working knowledge of blended and hybrid learning methods;
- Knowledge and experience in program management, program evaluation;
- Experience working with management systems for national programs;
- Demonstrated skills in analysis and problem solving accompanied by an ability to synthesize and interpret complex information;
- Understand business needs and oversee their translation into application and operational requirements;
- Knowledge of the theories and principles of quality assurance and monitoring;
Specific work requirements:
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please click on the following link to submit your application before 12 October, 2023 by 11:59pm EST.
Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however, we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications;
- While we appreciate all the candidates’ interest, only those being considered in the process will be contacted;
- CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a candidate pool that may be used to staff permanent or fixed-term positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications
- CATSA is dedicated to an inclusive selection process and work environment. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources representative when you are invited to meet with us regarding this employment opportunity.