Accountable To: General Manager
- Provide direct assistance to the Hotel General Manager and have the ability to perform the GM's tasks in their absence
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the hotel front desk team, as well as assist in the management of the housekeeping, maintenance, and food & beverage departments.
- Work closely with the General Manager to manage the room inventory to maximize revenue and actively participate in the revenue management process.
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with your team members and department heads.
- The ability to manage the new hire process for all departments to include providing brand orientation, and hands-on-training to the team members.
- Create weekly schedules for the front desk, while staying within the financial parameters provided, as well as assist with other department scheduling.
- Provide excellent customer service so that you anticipate the guest's needs and exceed their expectations.
- Knowledge of the PMS system Fosse & POS Micros is preferred, however not required.
- Must be able to work early afternoons, evenings, and weekends as the Director of Operations is required to be on duty when the GM is not present.
- Participates in Revenue Management strategies with the General Manager.
- Previous experience with Marriott systems is a plus.
Safety & Security
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Be able to bend, reach, kneel, push, and stretch and lift and/or carry up to 50 Kg
- Can stand/walk on feet for 8 hours and work in a restrictive space/environment
- Must be comfortable using a step stool or ladder
- Must be able to use/lift arms for up to 8 hours
- Must be able to handle heat and stress
- Must speak in a clear, understandable voice, hear at a basic level, understand English, and be able to write.
Education & Experience
- Front Office Manager: 1+ year (Preferred)
- Housekeeping Manager / Executive Housekeeper: 1+ year (Preferred)
Please note: the successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $50,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Halifax, NS: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Hotel Management: 3 years (required)
- Day Shift (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
Work Location: In person