VitalAire Canada is the Canadian home healthcare subsidiary of Air Liquide, the world leader in gases, medical technologies and services for Industry and Healthcare. VitalAire empowers patients who have sleep apnea or require home oxygen therapy through ongoing respiratory support and compliance.
Here is what you will do
VitalAire is currently recruiting a full time highly energetic and motivated Clinical Sleep Consultant for our Winnipeg, ON. The Clinical Sleep Consultant provides all respiratory services with a focus on Sleep Diagnostics and Therapeutics to the client while collaborating with referring physicians and ensuring patient safety.
- Conduct appointments and set-up of equipment for sleep diagnostic testing based on American Academy Sleep Medicine (AASM) guidelines
- Evaluate client therapies based on referrals and then determine respiratory therapy treatment plans in consultation with physicians
- Initiate PAP therapy when prescribed, providing patients with education, instructions of use, and cleaning and maintaining of their equipment
- Provides appropriate regular follow-up to clients to evaluate effects of therapeutic care
- Actively promotes related products and provides solutions to client needs
- Responsible for maintaining most up to date continuing education as related to the position to ensure that clients are receiving most current therapies and devices
- Responsible for complying and maintaining knowledge of all funding processes
- Ensures quality documentation through completion of all documentation and forms
- Participates in oxygen and other respiratory services including on call when required
Here is what you will need
- Registered Respiratory Therapist
- RPN/LPN and or RPSGT or CCSH
- College Certificate or Diploma in a Technical/ Medical Science field where permitted
- Licensed to practice with the provincial governing body
- Good knowledge of Obstructive Sleep Apnea and CPAP therapy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Google applications and Android
VitalAire provides equal opportunities for all applicants and is committed to fostering an inclusive and accessible environment. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Individual compensation packages are based on various factors unique to each candidate, including skill set, experience, qualification and other job-related reasons. This job grade falls within a salary band starting at the minimum of $53,000 with opportunity for advancement.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person