We never ask for payment as part of our selection process, and we always contact candidates via our corporate accounts and platforms. If you are approached for payment, this is likely to be fraudulent. Please check to see whether the role you are interested in is posted here, on our website.
TMF Group helps its clients operate internationally and ‘belong’ wherever they are in the world. Our work includes helping companies of all sizes with business services such as HR and payroll, accounting and tax, corporate secretarial, global governance and administration and fiduciary services for structured finance, private equity and real estate investments.
About the role
- Create allocation models based on interpretation of relevant legal agreements
- Update valuation models for changes in capital structure or technique inputs, on as needed basis
- Conduct research and extract relevant information using a variety of valuation sources
- Review valuation models prepared by valuation analyst for accuracy and completeness
- Document valuation positions in memorandums or within the valuation models
- Oversee report portfolio performance reporting Communicate valuation information to Managers, Senior Accountants, and Staff Accountants as needed for financial reporting
- Provide valuation education and guidance to clients
- Respond to auditors’ and clients’ valuation questions
- Manage client relationships
- Collaborate on valuation publication papers for the Venture Valuation Services website
- Remain abreast of developments and upcoming changes to the valuation industry
- Manage, train and develop valuation analysts, including onboarding, enforcing company policies and completing performance reviews as requested
- Collaborate on the preparation of internal budgets for the valuation practice, as needed
- Complete requisite training provided by Valuation Director or through external sources
- Participate in/listen to client and auditor calls
- Completion of Performance Reviews
A minimum of 3-5 years’ in valuation or valuation-related fields, preferably early-stage venture capital/private equity backed companies, and 5-7 years’ in other fields a plus. Strong analytical and soft skills required; a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar concentration preferred; Masters’ degree equates to 1-2 years’ experience depending on concentration; Valuation credential required (CFA, ASA, ABV, CVA, or similar), CPA optional. Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Preferred experiences in:
Creation of option pricing models (lattice and Black-Scholes).
Valuation of complex capital structures (preferred stock, convertible debt, warrants, profit interests, and contingent consideration).
Reviewing valuations for audit purposes.
Advanced financial modeling skills are a must.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, and copy machines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $135,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Financial modeling: 3 years (required)
- Valuation: 3 years (required)
Work Location: Remote