SciCan provides a complete range of infection control solutions for dentists, ophthalmologists and medical clinics in dozens of countries around the world. Much of what we design, build, distribute and maintain is focused on efficiently washing, disinfecting and sterilizing dental and medical instruments.
In the dental industry, we’re known as the maker of the STATIM Cassette Autoclave®. It’s the fastest cassette autoclave out there. But we offer more than just technology, and more than just dental.
Working with industry professionals and regulators, we provide the dental, ophthalmology, and endoscopy markets with the most innovative and effective products available. Our global network of infection control experts develop real-world solutions based on our big-picture understanding of how good design, effective work flow, and sound ergonomics make for better and safer patient care.
From the largest multi-office practice to the smallest clinic, SciCan products are used to carefully and efficiently clean, disinfect and sterilize instruments to fight the spread of diseases like hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV.
What SciCan offers its Employees
- A clean and safe working environment
- Diverse and Inclusive environment
- Promotion of work-life balance
- Casual business dress
- Work flexibility schedule where the position allows for it
- Work from home where the position allows it
- Employee discounts program offerings
- Competitive Compensation
- Benefits: Employer paid health and dental insurance , Employee Assistance program, Employer paid pension contributions
- Career Development & Tuition reimbursement
- Onsite subsidized Cafeteria serving hot lunches
- Easy access to public transit
- Employee Referral Program
- Wellness Initiative programs
- Employee Appreciation Social Events
- Opportunities for advancement within the company
- An employer that’s involved in the community
- Teamwork and ongoing training
- A comprehensive training program for all new hires
- Student Co-op/Internship program
- Growing and yet a family oriented environment
- And much more!
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze product requirements; create requirements as necessary.
- Cross-functional collaboration with teams to design test plans and test setups for software solutions that span multiple domains.
- Identifying key areas for automation, unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests
- Design solutions to address test execution challenges for our products lines (including but not limited to the G4+ platform)
- Test coverage and failure analysis
- Come up with testing strategies that maximize component coverage with minimal manual intervention.
- Identify and create unit tests, integration tests, and functional tests to support software verification and validation activities.
- Develop and implement test automation for our technology and devices, with collaboration with software development teams, creating, and maintaining the automated tests using a variety of tools, such as, but not limited to: pytest and/or unittest for Python3, Squish for QT, Robot Framework (or other) for MQTT, AWS CloudWatch Synthetics to create canaries written in Typescript and/or Python3.
- Design, implement, and maintain automated testing workflows/frameworks with CI/CD tools such as, but not limited to Jenkins and/or Teamcity
- Monitor for and troubleshoot failures identified by the automated testing system.
- Identify root causes of failures/bugs and develop code fixes and/or coordinate with software development team to get it fixed.
- Keep track of all outstanding bugs and identify opportunities to improve test coverage.
- Communicate with the Team Leads of the corresponding projects the state of the testing.
- Multi-task in a dynamic, fast-paced environment in Agile method
- Lead development of test plans
- Support creation, execution, and review of test protocols
- Support company processes in the generation of Engineering Change Requests, Engineering Test Requests, and Engineering Change Orders in alignment with the software development and release cycle
- Participate in team code reviews, design, and test discussions.
- Promote and educate the team on best practices for test automation, test-driven development (TDD), and continuous integration to improve the overall quality and efficiency of the development processDevelop and release test protocols for product software verification and validation.
- Develop and execute test cases for product software verification and validation.
- Review and approve test results for product software verification and validation.
- Stay up to date with the latest industry trends, tools, and techniques related to software testing and qualityOwn overall testing and quality of the product for which you are responsible.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree with STEM focus (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- At least, eight (8) years relevant experience with software development and/or testing
- At least, five (5) years experience in testing embedded operating systems.
- Experience designing, selecting, configuring and maintaining automated testing frameworks.
- A minimum of five (5) years knowledge of or experience with various Software development and pro- ject management methodologies, such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum or Kanban, required.
- Excellent knowledge and experience with test methodologies (unit testing, integration testing, perfor- mance testing, functional testing, etc)
- Experience with setting up CI/CD Technologies with a focus on Continuous Integration for multiple projects.
- Experience with the following technologies preferred: Qt, C/C++, Python, Yocto, Embedded Linux, Bash
- Familiarity with AWS, IoT and MQTT technologies are highly desirable.
- Familiarity with various Software development and project management processes, such as Waterfall, Agile, Scrum or Kanban
- Experience using JIRA.
- Experience using Version Control tools - such as Git, SVN
- Experience designing test reporting dashboards and reports.
- Strong hands-on experience with QA methodologies, life cycle, and best practices
- Prior experience developing Software Verification and Validation Test Plans in HelixALM is desirable.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- testing embedded operating systems.: 5 years (required)
- relevant experience with software development and/or testing: 8 years (required)
Work Location: In person