We are looking for a Solution Architect
for a 3-year contract position with possible extensions
in Edmonton, Alberta. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Remote work is available, preference will be given to candidates from Alberta. Travel to Edmonton may be required on rare occasions.
The Solution Architect will be responsible for the architecture of the new organization website and associated technical solutions to ensure they meet business requirements, mitigate potential risks, and meet quality standards. The Solution Architect will also be responsible for providing technical leadership to the development teams.
The successful candidate will provide solution architecture services on an inflight agile, cloud software development project as well as several small projects within the Digital Content Management and Delivery branch division of the organization. They will be joining an extremely creative and highly talented team of individuals that are passionate about creating great products for our partners.
Required Skills and Experience
- Create a well-informed cloud strategy and manage the adaptation process.
- Provide architectural, software development and maintenance services for new LearnAlberta.ca, LearnAlberta.ca and related applications in an agile environment.
- Provide architectural and software development services utilizing Amazon AWS cloud platform and potentially Microsoft Azure.
- Provide architectural and software development services on new serverless cloud-based applications building, testing, and deploying using C#, .Net development, NoSQL databases (AWS Dynamo DB) and VS Code.
- Provide architectural and software development services using state management technologies including, but not limited to NGXS, NGRX and Redux.
- Provide architectural and software development services on legacy applications building, testing, and deploying multi-user / n-tier / Object Oriented applications solution components using the following: C#, .Net development, IIS, MS SQL Server, and Visual Studio.
- Ensure responsiveness, scalability, and stability of applications.
- Manage and ensure overall quality of software being developed.
- Manage and lead code and peer reviews.
- Design and develop RESTful APIs.
- Design and utilize CI/CD - continuous integration/ continuous deployment tools.
- Translate requirements into functional and technical designs.
- Provide architectural leadership and direction.
- Write effective unit and automation tests.
- Provide leadership/mentoring to the development team.
- Perform research and development on new and evolving technologies and practices as needed to ensure applications evolve over time.
- Bachelor's degree, diploma, or certificate in Computer Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as an architect on software development projects.
- Experience architecting serverless applications utilizing Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud Platform (GCP).
- Experience architecting applications utilizing microservices.
- Experience architecting applications using the following: HTML 5, Dynamic CSS, TypeScript
- Experience with NoSQL.
- Experience in a technical leadership role on software development projects.
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and commitment to delivering high-quality results.
Please note that while all applications are appreciated, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
InSync Systems Inc.
is a privately-owned boutique Canadian Resourcing and Consulting Services Company that works closely with a range of corporate clients across multiple industries to bring them solutions that effectively address their business needs.