- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s degree program with all requirements anticipated to be completed between December 2024 and August 2025
If you are eager to be involved in continuing to define the future of online retail, and are an organized self-starter, apply to join our team in Amazon Operations as a Fulfillment Area Manager Intern! Amazon provides training and development for Fulfillment Area Manager Interns to become exceptional people leaders.
Amazon is looking for bright leaders to lead large teams of Amazon Associates across our cutting-edge fulfillment network! This is not a corporate, office-based position. This is a ten-week internship (40 hours per week) during the summer of 2024 located within one of our Amazon fulfillment centers, sort centers, delivery stations or other operations buildings within the Amazon Fulfillment Network. Amazon provides extensive training and development for entry level managers to become exceptional people leaders.
Being an Area Manager Intern means being on the front lines of our customer promise, ensuring your team delivers customers’ orders on time, by leading a large team of Amazon Associates in one of our fulfillment locations. You will have an opportunity to invest in others and develop a collaborative leadership style, while utilizing the tools, processes, and operations that have helped create the most customer-centric company on Earth.
What is fulfillment you ask? Fulfillment is how we refer to completing or fulfilling a customer’s Amazon.com order and the acts of picking, packing, shipping and delivering their order to meet or exceed their expectations! Our Operation’s workflow can be broken to three major lanes: first mile - where the product is housed and ready for your order; second mile - where your order is hauled to your area; and last mile - when the product is delivered to your door. Please note that all lanes have slight building variations, but one thing is constant, our vision and dedication to the customer. As a reminder, our fulfillment centers are fast paced environments where standing, walking, and having on-the-production floor conversations are common as a visible supply chain leader!
Program Quick Facts and Location:
- This position is not a corporate role or in an office setting. This position is interactive, on-the-floor with your team and will be located in a fulfillment center, sort center, delivery station, or other building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network.
- Although this role is tied to a certain city, placement opportunities are nationwide. This means you will be placed at an operations building within the Amazon Fulfillment Network that most aligns with your location preferences and the current location availability after you interview. You will be provided relocation if your placement meets the minimum eligibility requirements.
- Term: Ten weeks during summer of 2024
- Competitive salary, relocation (if qualified), and housing assistance (if qualified)
- An offer for full-time employment upon graduation may be given after the internship"
Key job responsibilities
- Learning to coach, manage, and develop a team of 50-100 Amazon associates
- Drive standard work and continuous improvement through an intern project · Communicate policies to your team and act as a source of information for the team
- Create, manage, and support recognition programs
- Support all safety programs and OSHA compliance to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
- Ensure procedures are followed for building security and product loss prevention
- Partner with the management team to establish and maintain quality control standards
- Develop performance goals and targets to achieve customer demand and ensure accuracy and quality
- Work weekends, holidays, and/or overnight shifts
- Work overtime both in peak season and as needed
- Stand/walk during shifts lasting up to 12 hours
- Access all areas of building (Depending on the operations building, this may include ascending and descending ladders, stairs, gangways, and shipping docks safely and without limitation)
- Walk in/and around the warehouse with great frequency; many facilities are over a quarter mile in length
- Regularly bend, lift, stretch, and reach both below the waist and above the head
- Lift and move items up to 49 pounds
A day in the life
As an Area Manager intern, you will have the opportunity to learn how to coach and develop a team of Amazon associates in a distribution warehouse environment. Your main focus will be learning to motivate, mentor, and manage a team, as well as developing a summer project in partnership with your site leadership. As a people manager, you will ensure that the team of Amazon associates have all the tools needed to succeed for any task during a shift.
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
New Westminster, BC, CAN
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Adept at the ability to motivate others in a deadline-focused environment
- Ability to evaluate and dive deep into data to provide thought-provoking, workable business solutions
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program related to Supply Chain, Business, Logistics, Hospitality or Engineering
- Interest in growing in the field of Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment
Please note we are not able to provide sponsorship now or in the future for these positions. Eligible candidates must have work authorization without employer intervention to be considered.
Applicants who apply for this job will allow Amazon to process your application in a centralized hiring system that considers you for other similar openings as well.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Please note, while the pay range of the role is listed below, this position’s salary is non-negotiable based on geographical market.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $26.44/hr in our lowest geographic market up to $31.49/hr in our highest geographic market Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.