Passionate about enhancing a culture of continuous learning? Want to make a difference in an organization that is a leading multi-national retailer to underserved rural communities? Love exploring opportunities in which learning can help drive business results through the growth and development of people? Enjoy being a part of a collaborative team?
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to join our teams as the Manager of People Development (Design and Talent Development). In this role, you will play a critical role as we enhance our people development programs across The North West Company.
Leadership/Management – Instructional Design and Talent Development:
Talent and Succession Planning:
- Provide visionary leadership to our team of Instructional Designers and Talent Development Specialists, guiding them in creating impactful and innovative learning solutions.
- Foster a collaborative and innovative work environment, encouraging creativity and professional growth within the team.
- Oversee the design and implementation of comprehensive learning and talent development programs that align with the organization's objectives.
Learning & Leadership Development:
- Support Talent and Succession strategies
- Collaborate with senior leadership to identify critical key roles, and high potential talent across the business
- Provide coaching for leaders on performance management, employee development, team development and mentorship
- Create and administer tools that support performance management, coaching and employee development cycles
- Support the creation of and design of high potential development programs which align to the business needs in the future.
- Conduct and support needs assessments to identify learning gaps
- Consult and collaborate with key stakeholders and subject matter experts across the business
- Enhance experiential learning cycle of all L&D programs.
- Set standards for learning assessments / evaluation, and success measures that align with People Development KPIs
- Deliver and facilitate Leadership programming to managers across the business
- Conduct training sessions and workshops, utilizing a variety of training methodologies, to ensure employee skills and knowledge development.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and make necessary improvements.
- Implement initiatives and manage programs to enhance employee engagement and create a positive work culture.
- Work closely with HR and management to analyze employee feedback and develop action plans to address engagement challenges.
- Drive initiatives to celebrate achievements, acknowledge contributions, and recognize outstanding performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant certifications within Human Resources, Adult Education, Instructional Design, Organizational Psychology are strong assets.
- Proven experience in leadership development, talent management, and instructional design.
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with a track record of motivating and developing high-performing teams.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, and facilitation abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and adapt to a dynamic work environment.
- A passion for continuous learning and a keen interest in the latest trends and advancements in talent development.
Gibraltar House, 77 Main Street, Winnipeg, Manitoba
Director, People Development
We create a collaborative and constructive culture by:
- Being Enterprising • Committing to our Customer • Working with Passion • Leading and Developing Others • Demonstrating Respect and Inclusivity • Building Trust
The North West Company is committed to inclusion and diversity and encourages applications from all candidates including but not limited to: all religions and ethnicities, LGBTQ2s+, BIPOC, and persons with disabilities.
A competitive salary is being offered along with opportunities to learn, develop and advance throughout the organization. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For Internal Applicants Only:
NOTE: Prior to applying, an internal employee MUST
obtain a written endorsement email from their current Manager or Manager – once – removed and provide this to the recruitment team before
they can be considered for opportunities. This position adheres to the Corporate Job Posting Guidelines.