ONE Properties (ONE) is seeking an Accounting Director, Property Management to join the vibrant, fast-paced property management team in Edmonton, AB.
ONE is a fully integrated real estate company, creating value through activities spanning acquisition, development, property management and asset management. We leverage our expertise across a range of asset classes in commercial and multi-family real estate. Through our offices in Edmonton, Calgary and Toronto, we partner with institutional investors to create master-planned developments incorporating smart growth principles. Visit www.oneproperties.com to learn more about our company.
Based in Edmonton, the Accounting Director, Property Management will report directly to the Senior Vice President Finance and Accounting, and support a portfolio of industrial, office, residential and retail properties. This position requires strong commitment and dedication to delivering best-in-class service to strategic investment partners. The ability to prioritize to achieve deadlines as well as strong communication skills and an overall ability to work as part of a team is required.
- Manage and lead the accounting function in the property management division and oversee its day-to-day activities across the portfolio of properties.
- Maintain control over the accounting manuals for the policies and procedures followed by the property management accounting group.
- Identify, develop, and implement accounting best practices of internal controls financially and operationally.
- Accounting team lead on new Yardi initiatives and implementations
- Mentorship and coaching of Accounting Supervisors and other direct reports as assigned.
- Oversee the review of monthly financial reports and supporting documentation prepared by the accounting team, and approval of financial statements, management reports, and cash distributions.
- Collaborate with internal departments to streamline inter-company processes and standardize deliverables.
- Assist in developing strategic business plans for the assets, as well as due diligence and financial analyses of development opportunities/acquisitions where required.
- Monitor the operating performance of various properties, including highlighting significant variances between budget and actuals.
- Monthly liaison with ONE's development and asset management team with respect to development draws and income producing properties' asset manager reporting, as required.
- Assist in the annual audit of bank accounts by Real Estate Council of Alberta, as well as annual third-party audit of certain properties required by the owners.
- Lead the process of the annual preparation of property budgets.
- Communicate client request/requirements/accounting policies to the property management accounting group.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
- Develop and sustain cooperative working relationships with internal team members as well as external partners.
- Exercise confidentiality.
- Function fluently in English, both oral and written communication.
- Self-motivated, professional, and flexible mature team player with strong conflict-resolution skills.
- Demonstrate exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Work under pressure and handle multiple demands and competing priorities, adapt to new ideas and constant changes.
- Committed to personal growth and integrity aligned with company objectives.
- Education – Post-secondary degree or diploma required, professional accounting designation an asset.
- Experience – Minimum 10 years of progressive experience in property management accounting with a minimum of 5 years in a supervisory role preferred.
- Organizational/Multi-Task Skills – Ability to allocate one’s time effectively, work under pressure and manage tight deadlines; ability to achieve quality results ability to handle multiple demands and competing priorities and adapt to new ideas and constant changes; results-oriented, detail-oriented and accurate.
- Computer Skills – Proficient in a variety of computer software packages including Microsoft Office and property management/accounting programs, with preference given to Yardi.
- Police Clearance – A criminal verification check is required for employment. Candidates must be bondable.
What We Offer
- Opportunities to develop and grow in your career, along with competitive pay and benefits
- Team-oriented colleagues who share the same core values around collaboration, alignment and integrity, with a strong spirit of collegiality
- Strong focus on client relationships
- Growing company with offices and properties across Canada.
- A safe work environment, where all employees are vaccinated against COVID-19
- A commitment to strengthen the communities where we operate
How to Apply
If you have the skills, qualifications and expertise, and want to join our growing team, please submit your resume, cover letter and salary expectations using the following job posting link: https://oneproperties.bamboohr.com/careers/149 or visit the Careers page on our website www.oneproperties.com/careers.
This job description is a summary of the key position requirements and is not a comprehensive listing. Additional responsibilities, duties and skills may be required for the position.
Salary for this position will be commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.