Brimich is a family-owned third-party logistics & warehousing company. We continue to grow and are looking for a dedicated and experienced Food Safety & Compliance Manager to join our dynamic team.
What we Offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation time
- Employer-paid benefits
- An opportunity to make an meaningful impact within your work
- A supportive work environment that values family and professional growth
The Food Safety & Compliance Manager has a thorough understanding of HACCP and SQF (or at least one other GFSI recognized program) and works in compliance with those programs to maintain the food safety and security of Brimich facilities and the client inventory stored therein. The Manager has specific accountabilities for food safety that include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the completion of, overseeing, recording, and trending monthly SQF premises inspections
- Overseeing and conducting/participating when required in SQF verification activities
- Oversee and conducting/participating in daily walks and reports when required
- Training and development of new hires to the Food Safety team
- Identifying and correcting GDP deviations or conditions
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Works with the SQF Supervisor and SQF Practitioner(s) on 3rd party certification audits, client facility audits and other client facility tours and visits.
- Responsible for ensuring the completion of corrective actions (CARs).
- Responsible for coordinating overall HACCP requirements
- Will ensure that the HACCP plan is regularly reviewed, and any critical control points (CCPs) are implemented and recorded as per HACCP plan.
- Responsible for reviewing and updating the SQF program annually.
- Manages employees in compliance with HR policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure staff understand HACCP and SQF policies and codes of conduct and procedures which maintain proper control of production;
- Responsible for enforcing SQF, HACCP & GDP specifications based on the company’s HACCP & GFSI standards.
- Overlooks and analyzes Client Complaints/issues
- Special projects as assigned by VP Food Safety & Compliance.
Job Specifications—Skills and Competencies:
- University degree in food science, food engineering or related fields.
- 4+ years of experience in a similar role in the food industry
- Strong knowledge of HACCP and GFSI programs
- Completed prerequisite courses in HACCP, SQF and/or another GFSI standard
- Excellent written, oral communication and presentation skills in English.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook).
- Strong people skills for working with individuals and teams
- Must have good organizational skills, be a self-starter and a team player.
- Attention to detail – data entry, analysis, counts, reviewing work
- Assigns the highest priority to customer satisfaction while meeting commitments to achieve business objectives.
- Practices and maintains integrity while following the Company policies and procedures.
- Creates a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
- Responsible for promoting and seeking excellence in all aspects of business.
Brimich is committed to diversity and inclusivity in our employment practices. We promote the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity with persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services.
For more information or to request an accommodation please contact the Human Resources Department at 519-752-5783 Ext 223
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Brantford, ON N3V 0A6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (required)
Work Location: In person