Direct Support Specialists - Winnipeg
We are looking for compassionate support Staff - Direct Support Specialists to complement our talented Specialized Community Services team on a full time, part time or casual basis.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a team within a “family” culture. You will enjoy flexible hours, diverse assignments, and benefit from continuous opportunities for learning, training and professional development. You will enjoy flexible hours, diverse assignments, and benefit from continuous opportunities for learning, training and professional development.
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, the Direct Support Specialists will be responsible for maintaining and promoting physical care to include , menu planning and preparation, medication administration, personal care, activities of daily living, day-to-day house management, record keeping, etc.
The Direct Support Specialists will support individuals by promoting their involvement with family, friends, advocates and the community to ensure that their comfort, safety, and health requirements are being met. The Direct Support Specialists will also encourage individuals to develop individual skills, talents and abilities so that they may have maximum control over their own life.
Check out https://directsupportmb.ca/ to see the impact that you can have on our client's lives.
Hours: Combination of hours and should be flexible and available to work either weekends and/or evenings.
- Experience/knowledge of working with adult clients with intellectual and mental disabilities.
- Knowledgeable with Acquired Brain Injuries
- Experience/knowledge of working with clients with alcohol and drug dependencies.
- Must have a valid certification in emergency first Aid and CPR.
- Required to have a clear Criminal Record Check with the Vulnerable Sector, Adult Abuse and Child Abuse Registry valid in the last 3 months.
- Minimum Grade Twelve education, preferably post secondary, Developmental Service Worker Certificate, Health Care Aide certification or a combination of related education/experience.
- Good communication skills (both verbal and oral), organizational skills, the ability to work effectively within a team environment, sound decision making abilities and the capacity to work with minimal supervision.
About CBI Health Group:
- Develop and maintain positive and effective communications with the individual(s) and their families, management, co-workers and all others that are involved in the individual’s care;.
- Carry out activities of daily living; all aspects of personal care (including peri care), menu preparation, administering medication , day to day house management as outlined in the care plan and getting the clients to be a part of the community.
- Complete the necessary records and documentation in accordance with CBI policy and procedures, Residential care and licensing and department of Family Services and Labour requirements ;.
- Maintain established logs (individual and communications log books, medical records, food intake forms, progress notes, evaluation of programs )on a daily basis and address any needs or concerns;.
- Read all meeting minutes, log entries, incident reports, and memos;.
- Prepare incident reports and ensure that they are submitted to the Team Leader (if no Team Leader appointed, submit to the Residential Operations Manager); .
- Attend and participate in all relevant meetings (i.e. staff meetings, house meetings, individual planning, PATH’S ETC.) and identified training courses; .
- Abide by confidentiality parameters.
As Canada's largest integrated community-based healthcare services network, CBI is focused on improving health and enriching lives. CBI delivers interdisciplinary physical and behavioral health services across home, clinic and facility settings.
Our network of dedicated staff and thought leaders are committed to innovating healthcare to deliver proven outcomes. CBI is uniquely positioned to support the evolving health needs of Canadians through its 13,000 clinical and administrative staff in 250 facilities and over 100 transitional/residential homes across 800 communities. www.cbihealth.ca
CBI Health Group is committed to accommodating people with disabilities as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise People & Culture team during the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.& #CB
First Aid Certification
Vulnerable Sector Screen