A Snapshot of Your Day
Siemens Energy Transmission services provides covers a comprehensive service portfolio including packaging turnkey installation and commissioning, repair, refurbishment and spares for OEM and non-OEM power transformers. In addition we supply spare parts for both AIG and GIS installed base
The Field Service Technician 2 (FST2) is a senior field service technician responsible for the successful execution of projects with focus on safety, cost, quality and schedule in the power delivery and utility space. Projects include transformer assembly and installations, maintenance, repair and upgrade. Also included in the service project portfolio are High Voltage GIS, AIS switchgear and breaker assembly, installations, maintenance and repair. The FST1 will often be appointed the crew lead and will have the additional responsibility of a crew of workers who are dispatched to a project site to execute a specific scope of work. A successful candidate will have experience managing contracted vendors, providing direction to field service personnel, coordinating factory operations. leading project execution activities, inter-departmental communication, and operational logistics.
This position reports directly to the Field Service Supervisor but will have performance reporting responsibility to many team leaders in the overall Siemens Energy Grid Technologies.
How You’ll Make an Impact
Perform complex field service operations that require strong technical skills.
- Troubleshoot and repair of power and distribution electrical equipment, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems, recommend changes, or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
- Communicate clearly and professionally (written and/or verbal) regarding project scope, safety reviews (i.e., tailgate meetings), security or environmental incidents, safety violations, or near misses.
- Provide leadership and guide less experienced technicians, instructing them in proper and safe operation of equipment and tasks.
- Maintain safe operating condition of vehicles, tools, and equipment including conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine maintenance and repairs.
- Perform all tasks associated with on-site repair of power and distribution transformers, i.e.: cutting new gaskets/O-rings, oil handling, internal inspections, lead cutting crimping and taping as needed.
- Perform all tasks associated with on-site repair of high voltage electrical equipment such as but not limited to; re - gaskets/O-rings of GIS and HV breakers assembly, gas filling and recovery, inspections and testing.
What You Bring
High school diploma, GED, Engineering, or technical vocational diploma, apprenticeship training combined with prior field service or equivalent related experience is preferred.
Strong mechanical aptitude and working knowledge of tools and their functions.
Ideally five (5) - ten (10) years of related OEM, industrial, commercial or utility experience
Must be able to read and interpret documents such as safety rule, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
About the Team
Our Grid Technology division enables a reliable, sustainable, and digital grid. The power grid is the backbone of the energy transition. Siemens Energy offers a leading portfolio and solutions in HVDC transmission, grid stabilization and storage, high voltage switchgears and transformers, and digital grid technology.
Check out this video to learn more about our Grid Technologies business: https://www.siemens-energy.com/global/en/offerings/power-transmission.html
Check out this video to learn more about Siemens Energy: https://bit.ly/3hD9pvK
Who is Siemens Energy?
At Siemens Energy, we are more than just an energy technology company. We meet the growing energy demand across 90+ countries while ensuring our climate is protected. With more than 92,000 dedicated employees, we not only generate electricity for over 16% of the global community, but we’re also using our technology to help protect people and the environment.
Our global team is committed to making sustainable, reliable, and affordable energy a reality by pushing the boundaries of what is possible. We uphold a 150-year legacy of innovation that encourages our search for people who will support our focus on decarbonization, new technologies, and energy transformation.
Our Commitment to Diversity
Lucky for us, we are not all the same. Through diversity we generate power. We run on inclusion and our combined creative energy is fueled by over 130 nationalities. Siemens Energy celebrates character - no matter what ethnic background, gender, age, religion, identity, or disability. We energize society, all of society, and we do not discriminate based on our differences.
Career growth and development opportunities
- Supportive work culture and a healthy work- life balance
- Flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Competitive total rewards package
Flexible benefits and savings programs
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell vacation
- Parental leave
- Profit sharing
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives
- Diversity and inclusivity focused