WHO WE ARE
CFMWS. A job with purpose. Our 4000+ person strong organization champions a healthy, fun, creative and active lifestyle for Canadian Armed Forces members, Veterans and their families. Help us deliver a variety of recreation and fitness programs, offer family support, organize charity events and make sure our members access retail, travel and banking discounts and customized financial services. At Canadian Forces Morale and Welfare Services (CFMWS), we love what we do. And we live it too.
As part of the CFMWS Talent Management Team, the Program Manager - Talent Development is a professional responsible for designing, implementing, and overseeing talent development and training programs within an organization. Their primary objective is to help employees acquire the skills, knowledge, and capabilities they need to excel in their roles and contribute to the organization's overall success.
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Talent Programs, this role will manage a team of learning advisors and provide oversight to develop and deliver training programs that align with the organization's strategic goals and objectives. These programs include onboarding, professional and leadership development, and technical skills training. You will assess employees' current skill levels and development needs, identify areas where training and development are needed, oversee the creation, curation and rollout of various training initiatives, and track the effectiveness of training programs.
In addition, the Program Manager – Talent Development is crucial in fostering a culture of learning and continuous improvement to help build a people-centric culture, promoting the development and growth of our employees and enabling management teams to lead highly collaborative and resilient teams.
Education, Certifications and Licenses
Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related field AND some years of experience in human resources, project management, or a related field
Professional designation relevant to designated portfolio, as required
In planning, designing/developing, managing, coordinating and evaluating human resources programs/activities
In conducting research and analysis
In project management
In planning and conducting presentations
In interpreting and applying of program related regulations, and legislation
In leading and managing employees
In developing, drafting, editing, applying, evaluating, interpreting and implementing policies, guidelines and procedures
In providing advice and guidance
In budget administration
Competencies, Skills and Abilities
Client focus, organizational knowledge, communication, innovation, teamwork and leadership.
Health Benefits: Drug coverage, travel insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage.
Work Life Balance: A wide range of paid/unpaid leave, including paid vacation, family related leave and personal days.
Retirement Planning: A Defined Benefit Pension Plan and Group Savings Plans.
Learning and Development: Tuition Assistance Program and Advanced Learning Program, payment of professional association memberships, online learning opportunities and second language training.
Specific experience and knowledge:
- Experience assessing talent development needs, tracking progress, and evaluating the effectiveness of training and development programs.
- Experience designing and implementing training and development programs, including curriculum design, content creation, and evaluation methodologies.
- Experience implementing feedback mechanisms and evaluation processes to improve talent development programs.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with external organizations, industry groups, and talent development professionals to stay current with best practices and industry trends.
- A strong understanding of human resources principles, employee development, and training methodologies.
- Familiarity with Learning Management Systems (LMS), authoring tools, HR software, and other relevant tools for managing and tracking employee development.
Specific abilities and skills:
- Ability to think strategically and align talent development initiatives with the organization's goals and objectives.
- Ability to motivate, guide, and mentor team members.
- Ability to adapt to evolving business needs and technologies is crucial in the fast-paced world of talent development.
- Excellent communication skills for effectively interacting with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Skills in presenting information and facilitating training sessions.
- Skills in change management to ensure successful adoption and usage of implemented programs and solutions.
- Skills in project management for planning, executing, and monitoring talent development initiatives.
This is a hybrid position with an assigned work location allowing the employee to work partly from a corporate office and partly from a home office in accordance with the CFMWS Flexible Work Options Policy, and with approval from the direct manager.
31 October 2023
INCLUSION AND ACCOMMODATION
CFMWS is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates who can help us build a workforce that reflects the diversity of Canadian society. Workplace accommodation measures are available to all candidates identifying a need during the selection process.
Job Reference: CFMWS08585