About Our Company
Giraffe Foods Inc. (www.giraffefoods.com) is the industry leader in custom, private label manufacturing of sauces, dips, salad dressings and drink concentrates. We are culinary-focused and customer-driven. We anticipate and respond to the ever-changing industry demands addressing on-trend dietary needs with world- class product development and customer service. Our commitment to our employees and to contributing to the food community in North America has strengthened over our twenty years of growth and expansion.
Our products can be found under Private Label in local and national groceries, multi-unit restaurant operations, and other food manufacturers across the US and Canada. We supply a vast range of chef-created sauces and dressings for meal kits, frozen meals, restaurant entrees and salads and salad kits. Though you may not know
Giraffe Foods yet, you certainly know our customers and have most likely already enjoyed some of our delicious products without realizing it.
Proud to be chosen as Canada’s Great Place to Work, Giraffe Foods boasts a strong leadership team and enjoys a mutually beneficial partnership with our global parent company Symrise, headquartered in Germany.
(13-month contract position)
The Marketing Manager will lead the marketing initiatives for Giraffe Foods on a day-to-day basis, responsible for developing and executing a marketing strategy with a heavy focus on digital marketing, consumer insights and sales enablement. This position will utilize industry, customer and competitor research and analysis to create a strategic plan for all stages of the buyer’s journey, from demand generation to customer retention and upselling. They will also be responsible for implementing KPI’s to track, measure and report on the success of marketing initiatives and use that data to continually refine the marketing strategy. The Marketing Manager will work closely with the VP of Sales & Marketing to ensure tactics align with Giraffe’s short and long-term growth strategies. This individual will also be responsible for occasional reporting to senior management and managing third party agencies.
- Proven experience in managing a brand’s health at all fronts – brand building, marketing strategy and tactical planning, guide creative campaigns.
- Experience in ‘Sales Enablement’ strategy and execution through marketing campaigns to help sell efficiently.
- Develop strategies and tactics to boost the company’s reputation and drive qualified traffic.
- Experience in working with senior management to devise business strategy based on internal-data analysis.
- Expertise in SEO, SEM campaigns to maintain the health of digital assets like websites and social media platforms.
- Ability to analyze Google Data Studio, Google Ad Campaigns analytics, LinkedIn statistics to measure ROI and performance of the campaigns.
- Experience in running Google Ad campaigns to improve the quality of MQLs through third party agency.
- Develop a clear understanding of Giraffe’s offerings, current and target customer base and value proposition.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution.
- Build and utilize relevant personas to measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns, gain insight and assess against goals.
- Qualifying and nurturing relevant leads through the sales process.
- Lead the research of secondary consumer insights and food trends to build a knowledge base accessible to everyone internally.
- Lead conceptualizing and creating all pitch presentations for our customers.
- Maintains research database by identifying and assembling marketing information.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, and analyzing variances.
- Completes marketing department operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees and following up on work results.
- Develops marketing team and cross-functional teams by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities.
- Produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups.
- Build strategic relationships and partners with key industry players, agencies, and vendors.
- Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or equivalent experience.
- Proven working experience in digital marketing, particularly within the industry.
- Experience in supervising a team and leading collaboration with cross-functional departments.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Google Ad Campaigns, LinkedIn,MailChimp, Mintel, Technomic).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong time management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- LinkedIn Campaign Manager and Salesforce experience
- Experience using consumer insight platform, like Mintel, Technomic
Interested candidates may apply on-line or submit resume and cover letter to [email protected]
We thank everyone for their expression of interest—and are truly appreciative of the time individuals put into applying—but with the limitations of time only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Giraffe Foods Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, age, disability/handicap, record of offences, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodation measures during any aspect of the recruitment process, we will work with you to address your needs. Information related to accommodation measures will be treated as confidential.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 13 months
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- Marketing: 5 years (required)
- Digital marketing within manufacturing: 5 years (required)
- Supervising: 5 years (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Mississauga, ON L5S 1J6
Expected start date: 2023-12-04