Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial – this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Public Sector Consulting team in British Columbia. This diverse team of professionals understands government along with non-profit agencies, develops strategic plans that are innovative as much as engagement driven; reviews programs and services to ensure needs are met in the best of ways; helps inform policy so our clients are supported in making strategic decisions; and aids in demonstrating results, showing achievements and accountability.
Our clients include various Provincial government ministries and agencies, Yukon and Northwest territorial governments, municipalities and Regional Districts, First Nations, and non-profit organizations.
The ideal candidate will have a background and experience in program evaluation and/or operational (organizational) review and performance measurement work.
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Completion of an undergraduate or graduate degree or other combination of advanced post-secondary training and relevant professional experience.
- Combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Two or more years of relevant professional experience or other combination of advanced post-secondary training and relevant professional experience is required.
- Experience working in a public sector environment (government or government agencies) or consulting for public sector clients is considered an asset.
- Background and experience in program evaluation and/or operational (organizational) review and performance measurement work is an asset.
- Experience designing and conducting qualitative research and analysis is required.
- Experience writing reports, briefing materials and/or proposals is required.
- Experience conducting stake/rightsholder engagement, or similar research, in virtual and/or in-person settings is preferred.
- Experience working in a in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple commitments with competing priorities and timelines.
- Previous project management experience an asset.
- Strong communication (written and oral), interpersonal, and diplomacy skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong critical and analytical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Professionalism and the ability to build relationships with new and existing clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, and seek assistance as required.
- Strong computer literacy including strong working skills of Microsoft Office Suite, online survey software and online meeting facilitation software.
Responsibilities and Performance Expectations
- Assists in the preparation of proposals.
Planning, Strategy and Monitoring
- Assists in the development of an evaluation strategy.
- Collaborates with the team in the planning of program evaluations, operational (organizational) reviews and performance measurement projects.
- Coordinates project logistics with clients and other stakeholders consistent with project plans.
- Coordinates the activities of researchers and analysts to ensure that projects progress in accordance with predetermined plans.
Data Collection and Analysis
- Conducts research, collection, analysis and interpretation of quantitative and qualitative data.
- Designs, coordinates, and conducts interviews and focus groups.
- Coordinates and conducts literature reviews.
- Coordinates the collection, entry, verification, analysis and reporting of data.
- Performs analysis, interpretation and evaluation of results for reporting purposes.
Reporting and Knowledge Translation
- Supports the design, development, formatting and proof reading of high-quality professional reports, infographics and presentations.
- Disseminates findings in accurate, timely, and meaningful manner.
- Tailors report content to meet the needs of various audiences.
- Delivers virtual and/or in-person presentations of results at meetings, as required.
- Analyzes development of processes, structures and systems to integrate learning and improvement into project practices.
This position will have the flexibility of working from home and on-site in downtown Vancouver, British Columbia. The preferred candidate will maintain flexibility to travel, primarily within British Columbia, to support in-person stake/rightsholder engagement activities.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transform obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!