Fraser Valley Specialty Poultry is seeking an energetic person to fill a full-time position as a Farm Labourer at our Yarrow location.
Looking for someone who is willing to learn and grow within the company. Someone who works well with others, willingness to learn and be trained on operation of equipment.
- Checking barns - Picking up mortalities - Bedding barns using a trolley systems and shovels - Barn Cleaning with skid steer - Moving Birds - Collecting floor eggs daily
- Operating Egg collection table
- Daily checks on barn feed an water equipment
- Following all bio-security procedures as directed
- Operating manure scraper system
- Room to grow and advance if desired
- Any other duties as assigned - Relief Farm coverage for other positions
The job can be physically demanding at times and may require heavy lifting and bending.
Poultry experience and equipment operating is an asset to this position.
Must be currently residing in Canada
Strong English communication skills
Valid Class 5 license
Working full-time 5 days a week, with weekend shift rotation
Early morning starts
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.54-$20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chilliwack, BC V2R 4R7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person