Harrison Healthcare represents the next generation of primary healthcare delivery. We optimize the health and wellness of our clients by incorporating the latest scientific developments in evidence-based medicine into highly personalized care plans. Equally important, our collaborative team of professionals is driven by the values of innovation, excellence, and genuine compassion. We strive to care for every person as if they were family.
We are looking for experienced Nurse Practitioners who value the professional satisfaction of delivering thoughtful, compassionate care to the highest standards. We work in a respectful team-based environment that honours the need for continuous professional development and personal growth. We want you to challenge the status quo and seek out new challenges. Success is in both clinical outcomes and client satisfaction, together.
If you are excited about delivering a personalized level of service to our team, and share our values, we would love to hear from you.
- Conduct a thorough, personalized assessment and a comprehensive physical exam, along with any laboratory investigations and/or diagnostic imaging on children, youth, and adult populations.
- Provide comprehensive well baby/well childcare, using the evidence-based health supervision guides for primary healthcare practitioners of children in the first five years of life and from age 6-18 as-well.
- Perform developmental surveillance using an established and reliable developmental and social-emotional screening system for children in the first five years of life.
- Conduct a psychosocial interview of adolescents using the SSHADESS screening that is rooted in a strength-based approach and explores emotional well-being and adolescent risk behaviors.
- Recognize and address the unique needs of the young adult population.
- Formulate diagnoses and establishing a management plan that includes both pharmacological and non-pharmacological strategies, as needed.
- Refer, when required, to appropriate clinicians within the Harrison interprofessional clinical team or to specialists and subspecialists in the community.
- Review immunization records and initiate or continue the immunization care plan, participating in administration of vaccines, as required.
- Provide anticipatory guidance on safety, family, behavior, health promotion and risk/harm reduction issues.
- Develop a comprehensive shared client care plan, in collaboration with the inter-professional team, client and/or family, and other healthcare providers.
- Engage in client education and coaching, health promotion and disease/illness prevention with the goal of empowering client/family to take an active role in goal setting and action planning.
What you Bring:
- Completion of the MN-NP program, Family Nurse Practitioner designation
- Successful completion of Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
- Current practicing registration as a Nurse Practitioner with BCCNM
- Clinical experience in primary healthcare
- Experience working with children and youth as-well as adult populations
Why work at Harrison?
- A competitive compensation package.
- OSCE exam reimbursement.
- Relocation incentive.
- Professional dues reimbursement.
- A generous comprehensive health and dental benefits package.
- RRSP contribution and employer matching.
- A health spending and wellness account.
- Investment in professional development and learning.
- Flexible work from home arrangements.
- A vibrant culture that supports the wellbeing of their employees.
To comply with Provincial Health Order guidelines, vaccination against COVID-19 is a requirement for all employees at Harrison Healthcare.
Harrison Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer and invites all qualified individuals to apply. For more information about our available opportunities, please refer to our careers page: https://harrisonhealthcare.ca/careers/nurse-practitioners/. Harrison Healthcare thanks all applicants for their interest, however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance
- RRSP match
- Stock options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- In accordance with provincial health orders, Harrison Healthcare requires employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19. Are you currently vaccinated against Covid-19?
- license to practice in British Columbia (preferred)
Work Location: In person