Do you want to be part of a team who encourages belonging and a sense of community?
With over thirty years of experience, Alta Care Resources has a history of innovative and creative programming in the areas of; group care, crisis response, resiliency training, early intervention/prevention programs and family-based intervention.
The Dragonfly Program provides primary care to high-risk children and youth in an engaging, dynamic, and relational home environment. Children and youth develop resiliencies that support and enhance the success of permanency opportunities.
The purpose of the program is to support children/youth who meet the appropriate age and gender requirements of the home; have a recent history of physical and/or verbal aggression; male and female children/youth between the ages of 8-17 years; children/youth eligible for services under the Child, Youth and Family Enhancement Act.
As a Child and Youth Care Worker you are the primary caregiver for the children and youth in the home, when on shift. You are primarily responsible for looking after their safety, well-being, and comfort.
Primary Care Includes:
· Meet the basic needs of person(s) served (food, clothing, shelter)
· Meet the educational needs of person(s) served (assistance with homework, day programming when person(s) served is not in school)
· Supervise youth to maintain safety
· Follow daily routines including staff and resident chores
· Transport person(s) served to and from school and appointments as necessary
· Administer medication to person(s) served
· Plan and deliver appropriate recreational activities
· Maintain both the inside and outside of the facility, prepare and serve meals, and carry out household cleaning duties
· Administer first aid, according to prescribed procedures, or notify emergency medical personnel when necessary
· Maintain consistency of house rules and routines, and consequences
· Protect resident privacy and information
· Facilitate effective shift exchanges, staff communication, and/or communication of issues or concerns
Other duties as may be required by Alta Care Resources, which are consistent with the role.
· A degree, diploma or certification as a Child and Youth Care Worker or are actively enrolled in a program, or equivalent
· 2 years' related experience an asset
· Excellent communication skills and organizational skills
· Demonstrated skills in high-stress or conflict situations
Other Requirements: A current, clear Police Information Check (vulnerable sector included) and Child Intervention Record Check, both dated within the last 6 months. A valid AB driver’s license (minimum class 5), proof of appropriate insurance, a Drivers Abstract and Insurance Claim letter that reflects safe driving habits.
Schedule: 12-hour shifts that can range from 10am-10pm all the way to 12pm to 12am. You will be scheduled for 80 hours bi-weekly.
· Ability to engage in physical activities with persons served
· Significant lifting, carrying, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling
· Interacts with support staff and the public at large
· Must be able to safely perform restraints
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
· Travel is required
· Irregular hours and available after hours
· Self-directed team
· Fast paced and dynamic environment
· Base Salary Rate $49,920 ($24.00/hour)
· Wellness Days/Allowance
· Vacation Days/Allowance
· Group RRSP Program
· Phone Allowance
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
· Health Benefits with Health Spending Account
· Quarterly Appreciation Bonus
· Annual Winter Holidays Bonus
Alta Care Resources is committed to the principle of employment equity. We welcome diversity and encourage all who are qualified to express their interest.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $47,840.00-$49,920.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
As an agency that provides services to children, youth, families, and communities, we feel we are responsible to promote the health and safety of all employees and those we serve by reducing the risks of COVID-19 through mandatory vaccination and PPE.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Edmonton, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Do you have a valid class 5 license?
- Are you able to perform the duties outlined in the posting?
- Have you previously interviewed or worked for Alta Care Resources?
If so, when?
- Are you interested in a daytime or a Overnight Awake position?
- human services: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person